Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2002 3:28:22 PM EDT
or should I say, early this morning.

She saw a hand reach out of the darkness from above, as it was withdrawing slowly, it was followed by floating dead bodies [men,women,children,babies]. Almost as if it were a guiding hand leading the way.

My friend is not the flakey type.

Any explanations? Terrorist attack maybe?

What a way to start the first morning of the new year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
They say you dream about what you think most before you fall asleep.

Was she thinking about all the possibilities for disaster at New Year's Eve celebrations?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Uuuuh, too much to drink maybe?
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
No drinkin but WG made a good point.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
rainman,
Had 2 this morning like that.
I never dream like that.
Fewer than a handful over my life.

Past months, have been immersed, reading Dalai Lama, Zen Master Suzuki, and Native American books on spirituality. Nothing like that here.

My dreams are usually like 80's music videos - mental bubble gum.

Your post scared the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
i had a dream recently where i was riding an elephant in the water next to my uncle and the elephants started sinking..whatever.  also had a dream that i ran over a bigfoot (like harry and the hendersons) with my car and got out and kicked it.  uhh....
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a dream that Patrick Swayze was trying to kill me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Let me clarify my position by saying that I was raised in church.......still go when work allows and that I do my best to live the way I think God would have me live.

The opinions of non-beleivers are meaningless in regards to the way I live my life.  Likewise, I will not argue over who is right or who is wrong.  We each choose our own paths in life and that is perfectly acceptable to me.

Twice in my life I have had the same dream.............."surreal" is an understatement as far as my "state of awareness" within that dream.

My beleifs confirm for me that unless I die first I will be part of the Rapture when Jesus returns to claim his children (those who have accepted Him into their lives and have tried to live according to God's laws).

In my dreams I had not died and I was part of those going home to be with the Lord.  There was no sadness, no fear and no lonliness.  There was only total trust, total peace and total aceptance as I stood in great awe at what was about to occur.  In my dreams, at the moment of realization of what was happening, nothing on earth even felt as if it had ever existed or mattered.

Let me say that even with my own personal beleifs, that these dreams freaked me out and I still recall them vividly to this day.

One dream happened when I was about 15.........the other just last year.  That is a span of 20 years.

What are you GFs religious convictions....her religious past......or her unspoken fears?

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn,

I haven't had a dream in 7 years now. Ever since the surgery.

Sleeping is really boring now, sigh...
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#10]
If our dreams on the first night of the new year are an indication of the year to come...

...then I have a lot of crawling through hotels made for midgets ahead of me.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#11]
99 percent of my dreams involve womenz and are usually pretty good.  No, it's not because I don't have any in real life!  I had one the other night about my banker, who, while not a super hottie, ain't bad.  The weird thing is that I have never thought about her in that way.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Plain ol' freaky-ass dream, I think. [shock]

Dreams are just brain farts so you don't lose your sanity... [whacko]

If you're already a lunatic, who cares what your dreams mean? [;D]

Now, I'm afraid to go to sleep...
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had a dream that Patrick Swayze was trying to kill me.
View Quote

The Dirty Dancing swayze, or the Red Dawn Swayze?  [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top