Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2001 6:59:36 PM EDT
Why EXACTLY is there a gold border around the flag in Federal buildings.
My buddy wants to know, and I couldn't help him "enough". So he wants some actual wording as to why its there, what it means, and when it was changed to gold border.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 5:55:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I know a few of the vendors (not dealers) at some of the gun shows I attend that believe in that 'gold braid' conspiracy claptrap.

As soon as they start talking about that, they might as well start asking me to join the Unification Church or become a Scientologist.

We know precisely who our enemies are, they are the ones doing evil right in front of our faces, not behind closed doors.

Was the final vote on Brady or the AWBan taken in secret?

Eric The(Nope!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
View Quote

Another provision much abused or ignored, even on AR15.com.  Some people wanted to make flags with various saying on them.  I saw one clown at a gun show selling flags with pictures of trucks on them.  He wasn't too happy when I told him that was rather disrespectful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top