Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/31/2001 11:24:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:35:35 AM EDT
I just finished a jacket that I am going to use for bow hunting. I used the pre dyed and cut jute string. I have not gotten a chance to test it out yet but it looks great. You can add in pieces of burlap to give it a little better effect. Plan on investing a lot of time on it. I probably have 30 hours in mine and if you dye and cut all your own materials you could easily add another 30 hours.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:38:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2001 11:44:05 AM EDT by Stormbringer]
I used burlap and shredded it. I used Jute cord to tie the joints in my netting. Here is a pic of the finished product and proof that it worked!! [img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/011/Yr/NE/SQ/1p85669.jpg[/img] My base was a West German "splatterflage" hooded jacket ( cost $29 CDN). My netting was from Canadian Tire and was intended to cover fruit trees. It is recycled herring netting the pack had enough for two suits. ( cost $12 CDN) The coloured burlap from a local fabric store ($20) The Brown burlap from the garden Centre ($8) I am going to finish the pants this winter based on some double canvas Rhodesian pants that I picked up for $20 I figure that I have about 40 hours into the top half
Top Top