Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/30/2001 9:43:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:53:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 9:57:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:33:26 AM EDT
If you're looking to shoot outdoors, there aren't any public ranges within 80 miles of the city. There's a private range in Sycamore that non-members can pay a daily fee of $10 to use. It's out in Dekalb county. I'm not even sure if it's open in the winter and it has limited hours even in the summer. 1 or 2 days during the week and Saturday and Sunday.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 10:34:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:09:50 AM EDT
I can say that since 1980 new handguns have been banned which means there aren't any illegal handguns in Chicago! :)
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 11:31:52 AM EDT
Pity me--I live in the City (all my guns are stored legally outside the city limits). As to ranges--there is an indoor 25 yard range near O'Hare (Bensenville) that someone already mentioned--Gun World. There are some indoor ranges elsewhere--Bass Pro Shops in Gurnee, Midwest Guns, etc. I understand from C-Rock that Bass Pro will allow rifles. Gun World does also, but I am not sure about how they will deal with an out of state ID--in IL you need the FOID card, but as an out of state resident, you may be able to shoot with a TX ID. How long will you be in the area? I may be able to make some arrangements to meet you to shoot depending on work and school schedules. E-mail if you wish. AFARR
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:33:03 PM EDT
If you are looking for a place to shoot, you can come over into Indiana and there are 2 ranges that you can shoot your rifles at within 2 hours of downtown Chicago. It will be cold though. I went this morning and it was 10 degrees on the firing line. There is also one indoor range here in town for handguns only, or handgun ammo only.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:11:54 AM EDT
No guns are allowed in Chicago. Allowing law abiding people to have guns in Chicago might harm Chicago's chances For another year as #1. Murders that is... Chicago is the National Murder Capitol of the United States! [xx(]
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:06:12 PM EDT
brouhaha, Thanks for posting this question, and those who answered. Work was going to move me to Chicago, but Jesus H. Kerist. BeAvEr CoUnTy, PA, has been great, shooting-wise. RKBA people, ranges, CCW, Class 3. But our metro center is Pittsburgh, and former girlfriend, today in Chicago, told me that I wouldn't find my wife here (been here a decade). Not looking for a wife, just the right girl. But the gun thing, is to ask this daily red meat eater, to go vegetarian. The thought alone could kill me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:14:32 PM EDT
ACTUALY kpel308 GAT GUNS IS IS DUNDEE ON RT 25. TRY TO BE FACTUALY CORRECT. WE AT R GUNS ARE IN CARPENTERSVILLE ON RT 31. HAVE A NICE DAY
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:17:16 PM EDT
PARDON MY TYPO. GAT GUNS IS in DUNDEE.
Top Top