Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2001 12:47:51 PM EDT
Ok, weird question:

Which is better for your teeth
1. Floss first then brush
2. Brush first then floss

Ever since I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I am always finding some food-bits stuck between the old ivory’s, even after brushing.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ll hazard a guess and say floss first, and then stuff is out of the way for the bristles.

Did you know that the toothbrush was invented in Georgia? Other wise it would be called a teethbrush. HAHAHAHA

Ya, I know, I stink at jokes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
da-da-damn.......

with your name and topic.....well, don't listen to what lordtrader tells ya.  [:D]

Dave S  
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't have to floss all your teeth,  just the ones you want to keep.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't it really matters which sequence as long at you do your brushing at least before you go to bed and in the morning.  My sister is a dentist and she recommends the electronic/electric tooth/teeth brush made by Sonic Care, because she says that you can not brush the hand the number of strokes by the electric brush.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't it really matters which sequence as long at you do your brushing at least before you go to bed and in the morning.  My sister is a dentist and she recommends the electronic/electric tooth/teeth brush made by Sonic Care, because she says that you can not brush the hand the number of strokes by the electric brush.
View Quote

I just got a sonic for Xmas and wow.  My old oral-b was nowhere close to how good this sonic works.  I just wonder how much the new heads costs.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I just got a sonic for Xmas and wow.  My old oral-b was nowhere close to how good this sonic works.  I just wonder how much the new heads costs.  
View Quote

Those brush head aren't cheap! They have'em that at your favorite "Wally World" & Target.  I find that you should remove the brush head out of the battery unit, otherwise the magnets on the brush head will rust and the magnets will fall off! And of course more $$$$$ for replacement brushes. The trick to using this type of tooth brush is not a constant amount of motion like a manual brush, but you have to hold it there study in the same position for the a few seconds. And make sure you brush below actual tooth, actually on the gums, that way you will remove most of the plague/tartar that causes tooth decay and gum disease. That is what sis has told to me. BUT check with your own dentist, on the technique.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I find as I grow older I get more anal about my dental habits.

Most importantly, before retiring I MUST first brush then floss (up and down both sides of each gap, treat these gaps better then your guns boys) then a shot of ACT flouride rinse. At least brush each morning, and brush and floss after lunch if something "tooth-nasty" was consumed (ie, beef or chicken or other sinewy or sugary indulgance).

Why the hell listen to me? Because I was blessed with crappy teeth at birth, but following these habits my dentist is pretty satisfied I'm going to be OK as I grow to be an old coot. YMMV!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Gum
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#10]
3.  Very, very, very important:

No dirty pussy.

If it's stinky, stay the hell away from it and your teeth won't fall out.

Edited to say that I brush and then floss.  I might make a quick run with the toothbrush after flossing if there is anything left floating around.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Teeth???[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I love the smell created when the drill hits my tooth.
You know like gasoline, smell!!. Smells like... victory!
I know it's weird.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Just floss on her pubes...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top