Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/27/2001 12:19:10 PM EDT
got an email earlier today from a friend that started off something like this "i think i may have sent you a virus in an email"...it goes on to say that norton missed it....it references something called "sulfnbk.exe--"---anyway this is a hoax just to get you to mess up your own computer--it gives you all the instructions to find and delete it---Well i really felt cool when i found it in my c drive and was about to delete it when something told me to call a "Geek" buddy of mine----he says he got a warning from Norton about the hoax and the above referenced program is necessary for something your computer does.......Dick
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:23:20 PM EDT
Are you by chance any relation to Doc Holiday?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:10:57 PM EDT
well when i joined SASS "Single Action Shooting Society" it seemed that somone already had the name "Doc Holliday" so "Dick" was as close as i could get. The initial "W" is a family joke it stands for "Weed"......Ever been called "Dick Weed"?????? Over and out--Dick Weed Holliday
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:18:36 PM EDT
Crap! I already deletd the file. How will this effect my computer and how can I fix it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:32:08 PM EDT
The initial "W" is a family joke it stands for "Weed"......Ever been called "Dick Weed"?????? Over and out--Dick Weed Holliday
View Quote
You rang?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:39:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Renty: Crap! I already deletd the file. How will this effect my computer and how can I fix it?
View Quote
[url]http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html[/url] If you have deleted the Sulfnbk.exe file from the C:\Windows\Command folder and want to know how to restore the file, see the How to restore the Sulfnbk.exe file section at the end of this document.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:50:24 PM EDT
Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:41:27 PM EDT
Hey Dickweed--here's a site you need to watch--Dick http://www.dickweedstore.com/
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:57:44 AM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 10:22:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dickwholliday: well when i joined SASS "Single Action Shooting Society" it seemed that somone already had the name "Doc Holliday" so "Dick" was as close as i could get. The initial "W" is a family joke it stands for "Weed"......Ever been called "Dick Weed"?????? Over and out--Dick Weed Holliday
View Quote
I like Dick Who-lliday better....
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:47:35 AM EDT
got an email earlier today from a friend that started off something like this "i think i may have sent you a virus
View Quote
Emails with the word "virus" in them are generally not worth the paper their not printed on.
Top Top