Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2001 8:15:55 AM EDT
A movie about a kid getting a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas brought to you by...America Online?

My favorite line from the movie:

Ralphie reading a message from his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring, [i]"BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE."[/i]
[i]"Ovaltine?"[/i]
[i]"A crummy commercial?"[/i]
[i]"Son of a bitch."[/i]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A movie about a kid getting a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas brought to you by...America Online?

My favorite line from the movie:

Ralphie reading a message from his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring, [i]"BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE."[/i]
[i]"Ovaltine?"[/i]
[i]"A crummy commercial?"[/i]
[i]"Son of a bitch."[/i]

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
View Quote

"....you're gonna put your eye out !"

(Every kid with a BB-Gun has heard that line - without exageration - a milloon times !)
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome! I can't believe I've made it this through the christmas season without watching it yet. I'll make sure and catch it today. It just wouldn't be right not catching it at least once during the holidays. Much better than that Jimmy Stewart movie. Did anyone catch that made for cable quasi-sequel starring Charles Grodin? Don't get me wrong, I hate Mr. Grodin, but it was a pretty funny movie as well.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw it earlier, it was pretty good. Hard to make a sequel when every actor is different than the original, but I think Darin McGavin died, and of course the kids are no longer kids anymore.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Inappropriate as it may have been, I just watched "Little Nickie" again. For some reason, that movie cracks me up!
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
In my home Christmas just isn't Christmas w/o a "long box" in the corner.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I have only seen 4 versions of "A Christmas Carol" so far with these actors as Scrooge:

George C. Scott- 2nd best
Albert Finney- musical, is ok
Jack Palance- set in old west
Bill Murray- uh, yuck.

The best, which I haven't seen yet this Christmas, is the black and white 1951 version with Alastair Simm.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#7]
"Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie"!!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I triple dog dare ya.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 12:06:29 PM EDT
[#9]
i watched it like 5 times lastnight, cause i have no life. and its not 24 hrs, its [B]25[/B] hrs
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Its going around for the fourth or fifth time on my set. Everytime I go into the room, either Dad is uncrating the leg lamp or Ralphie is kicking the bully's ass.

No wait! He just woke up on the snowy Christmas morning. The long box is next!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:03:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought that this was an "anti-gun" movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top