[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.187thahc.net/patches/images/ratpatchart.jpg[/img]

One 'Mean Mouse'...tecnically it's a 'Gun' platoon pocket patch
            Gib
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The way i under stand it the First Cav, realy screwed up in Nam.   Do you rember the movie Hamburger Hill?  Well that is what i was told. I served with 2nd AD. and the story was thay lost there colors in Nam.  Can anyone tell us the true story.
Falcon out.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]http://www.uticaweb.com/blackhorse/graphics/patch.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
not a patch but a pin and my affiliated unit...A/38 FA Korea ...its just one battery not a batalion and its symbol look like a beer stein without a handle and some stars...it was a shield with smoke and stars and our motto was...Steel behind the ROK....or as we like to say "First behind the rock"
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
"Presidents Hundred" Tab.

It's senior to both Special Forces and Ranger Tabs. Much more scarce, and there are only a few, maybe 10, new ones awarded each year.
Less than 50 Active Duty soldiers wear it. Maybe 75 in the Reserves.
Marines, of course, do not wear it.

It looks like hell on dress uniforms.

Lew

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Berlin Brigade...

but I'm prejudiced.

[img]http://www.nvo.org/library/lib18a/M906.GIF[/img]
View Quote

You don't drive a jeep do ya?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The way i under stand it the First Cav, realy screwed up in Nam.   Do you rember the movie Hamburger Hill?  Well that is what i was told. I served with 2nd AD. and the story was thay lost there colors in Nam.  Can anyone tell us the true story.
Falcon out.
View Quote

Not quite. The 1st Cav lost their Division colors in Korea, at the start of the war, when it was basically just them and the 24th against the whole NKPA.

As punishment for their perceived sins, the Division stayed in Korea until 1965, when they basically swapped colors with the 2d ID and te 11th Air Assault Division (Test), which was en route to Vietnam. The 11th (and elements of the 2d, which was the unit at Benning) became the 1st Cav, the 11th was deactivated, and the !st Cav units in Korea became the 2d ID.

By all accounts, 1st Cav did a great job in Vietnam. As another 2 AD vet, though, I have to admit that the Cav really sucked in the 80s and 90s, based on my personal observations.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
101st -- AKA the "Chicken Men."
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I understand the Air Cav fired on there owen men? I am sure it was a mistake.  I have heard this many times about the First Cav when i was at Fort Hood.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked wearing my Blackhorse patch a lot better than the funny looking one they gave me in the 24th INF. They had special ones made for the right shoulder that faced forward also.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I was one of the "Dodge Boys" (Fifth Corps, Europe) and I wore a "Rail Splitter"(Reserve)

I'll see if I can dig up the patches
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I am at work and have no way of posting mine or the one that I love the most:

AA - 82nd Airborne Division
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#14]
The Vietnamese say "Chicken Men" with respect, and so do I.

And to all American fighting men:
Even if your unit didn't get a "cool" patch, thank you for your service.

-------
"Take it easy... but take it."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top