Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2001 1:15:30 AM EDT
Hey guys,
  I have a buddy who has a 870 28ga. He is looking for some slugs to shoot out of it. The local stores don't stock any. I looked on Ammoman and can't find any. Anyone have a source for them? Thanks.

-Jared
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Fiochi makes them I believe.You can order direct,but it has to be at least a case.Nobody is making 10 ga. slugs anymore.Federal just stopped.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, I have to reply.  I looked all around for them, and couldn't find them, either. Glad to hear Fiocchi makes them, though.

What I did was to buy .54 caliber muzzle loader balls and shoot them out of my .28 gauge with ordinary black powder data for the "3/4 oz shotload".  Crimp?  What crimp?

I just used lots of newspaper for packing.  Was OK for the shorter ranges as far as accuracy and power(considering I had no rear sight).  I had the feeling that the power level was something more than .45 ACP ammo.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
If he reloads, Ballistic Products has 2 different 28 ga slugs. A 5/8 oz improved foster and a 183gr light game slug/carrier.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top