Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2001 7:38:29 PM EDT
just wondering, what the "F" is this thing.

[img]http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2001-12-02/GUNFINDER.NET_1007564700_xd-9.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
New Springfield Armory offering.  Is it the H2000(?) thing discussed last month?

[url]www.springfieldarmory.com[/url]

There's a full-page color ad for it in the new American Rifleman mag.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Its the same gun! And a damn good one!
(back when it was $300 anyway!)
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I am one of the many kicking himself for not buying one when they were called HS2000.

[grenade]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can you still get the original HS2000 anymore???
View Quote

I dont even see them used at gun shows. Them that have em are keeping em.
Nol,the contract with IM metal is ALL Springfield now.
They will still work on the HS if you happen to find one and need service
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
McUzi's favorite croation made firearm........now imported by Springfield at twice the price.
View Quote

thats what i thought it looked like, kinda suprised me, its a bit of a departure for SA.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
You can still get HS2000s on the used/want ad boards. Try gunsamerica or gunbroker. The early HS2000s didn't have all the features of the Generation 3 model that springfield is selling. Gen 1s don't have the front cocking serrations or the light rail. Gen 2s have the rail but not the serrations. Gen 3s (imported at about $250) are identical to the Springfield XD (sold for $420?). Springfield has said they will honor the HS2000 warranty. This pistol is like the early Glocks. Sold cheap to get market penetration, and now starting to rise to where they ought to be (Glock level). LAter.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#8]
All I can say is [b]WE TOLD YOU SO![/b]

Glad I picked a couple of them up before the world found out.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This pistol is like the early Glocks. Sold cheap to get market penetration, and now starting to rise to where they ought to be (Glock level).
View Quote

Unless the average person can pick up normal-capacity (~17 round) magazines for the HS2000, I don't see why anyone would want to pay Glock prices for them.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:35:33 AM EDT
[#10]
It's not a 1911 so why bother?  [;D]

Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:53:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 7:16:01 AM EDT
[#13]
My thoughts are - it doesn't have an original thought in it.  I'm not knocking your guys experience with it but that part of it just bothers me a bit.  The other problem for me is the grip safety, I absolutely hate it, it's narrow & sharp and IMO irrelevant.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My thoughts are - it doesn't have an original thought in it.
View Quote

Most guns don't.  Actually, unlike the Glock, this pistol cocks to full-cock instead of half-cock.  A spring unrelated to the hammer puts back pressure on the trigger to give it a pull weight seomwhere between the Glock and a standard single action.  And it is ultra-smooth.

I'm not knocking your guys experience with it but that part of it just bothers me a bit.  The other problem for me is the grip safety, I absolutely hate it, it's narrow & sharp and IMO irrelevant.
View Quote

The grip safety was what finally pushed me over the edge and made me try out a pistol without a manual safety.  I absolutely love it, and I would never consider a Glock now.  I don't even notice the grip safety on it. Not sharp at all.  Maybe the one you tried needed some work?  Now the standard Colt and Springfield 1911 grip safeties are horrible.  I'd have them replaced immediately with something more rounded and smooth.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#16]
This pistol may not be completely original but it is what the Glock ought to have evolved into. Metal sights, metal trigger, captured metal guide rods, ambidextrious mag release, passive manual safety (grip safety). It has a very good trigger and the grip is more ergonomic than my Glocks.

I bought an HS2000 when they first came out as an entry gun for my son to compete in IDPA competition. It worked so well and liked it so much, I sold my Glock 19 and bought another.

When Springfield finaly came out with this gun in 40 caliber, I bought one. Haven't shot it yet, but if it shoots as well as the HS in 9mm, I may just sell off my Glock 22.
Link Posted: 12/25/2001 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This pistol may not be completely original but it is what the Glock ought to have evolved into. Metal sights, metal trigger, captured metal guide rods, ambidextrious mag release, passive manual safety (grip safety). It has a very good trigger and the grip is more ergonomic than my Glocks.

View Quote

Local shop got 2 of them in about a month and a half ago, nery nice, and feels much better in my hand than a Glock, I also like the grip safety.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top