Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/23/2001 3:13:12 AM EDT
No really! I came across this page that has an indepth article on why this is true. And not your chaos causing anarchist, but a libertarian, free-market type! In fact, Jesus is more close to libertarians than any other political group! He covers how government goes against the Golden Rule("Do unto others, as you would want to be done unto you"), how Jesus says paying taxes is WRONG( and how the verse "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar" got misunderstand, because NOTHING is Caesars!), how tax collectors are sinners, how government is evil and is run by Satan, how Jesus supported and defended property rights, how slavery was not supported but CONDEMNED in the Bible(that alone makes it a good reading), how Jesus came to free the oppressed and give Liberty to the world, how the Bible and Jesus opposed any type of Prohibition on any material thing as Jesus is quoted as saying "There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him"(the author covers the War on Drugs and how it ISN'T supported by the Bible indepth), how most lawyers are sinners and evil, how Jesus said to avoid Gov't courts because they are evil, Jesus on the Rich(rich people who amass their wealth by moral means are good and ok), and how Jesus will overthrow ALL governments at the End Times. It is an long but well thought out and logically argued piece. It is excellent! And encourage all to read and to hear your thoughts(garandman and slasher: hint hint! [;)]) [url]http://www.anti-state.com/redford/redford4.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:40:59 AM EDT
Did it cover the passage "Blessed are the Dentists, for they are truly my children"?[:D]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:41:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2001 3:33:41 AM EDT by raf]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:02:09 AM EDT
Post from raf -
Yet another example of why it's a good idean to keep religion, any religion, out of politics.
View Quote
Keeping the [i]practice[/i] of religion out of government is maybe a good idea, but the Founding Fathers were all deeply imbued in the Judeo-Christian religion of the West, and their beliefs were founded on Christian principles. There's nothing wrong with religious influence in politics, so long as it's the 'right' religion that's doing the influencing. Witness Western Civilization! Eric The(BTW,IfYou'reUnclearAboutWhichReligionIs'R­ight'-JustLookAround!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:25:46 AM EDT
[b]
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Post from raf -
Yet another example of why it's a good idean to keep religion, any religion, out of politics.
View Quote
Keeping the [i]practice[/i] of religion out of government is maybe a good idea, but the Founding Fathers were all deeply imbued in the Judeo-Christian religion of the West, and their beliefs were founded on Christian principles. There's nothing wrong with religious influence in politics, so long as it's the 'right' religion that's doing the influencing. Witness Western Civilization! Eric The(BTW,IfYou'reUnclearAboutWhichReligionIs'R­ight'-JustLookAround!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
[/b] There is no right religion.THEY ALL SUCK!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:42:15 AM EDT
I do better when I have faith and religion in my life. Like a lot of people, I tried it both ways, for me the religious way is the best way.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 5:58:40 AM EDT
Post from Molitas
There is no right religion.THEY ALL SUCK!
View Quote
Do not confuse a particular religion with any particular follower of that religion. Look to the impact that a particular religion has upon an entire group of people, to see its effects. BTW, your view of religion is shared by quite a number of notable persons, such as Marx, Lenin, Hitler, Mao, and similar illuminaries. So you're not alone in your view. Eric The(AlthoughYouMayWishYouWere)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:33:44 AM EDT
for a minute I thought this was a conundrum style of topic ... I read it as "Jesus was an ANTICHRIST"... Now that would be earth shattering ... Ted...
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:15:56 AM EDT
[b]
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Post from Molitas
There is no right religion.THEY ALL SUCK!
View Quote
Do not confuse a particular religion with any particular follower of that religion. Look to the impact that a particular religion has upon an entire group of people, to see its effects. BTW, your view of religion is shared by quite a number of notable persons, such as Marx, Lenin, Hitler, Mao, and similar illuminaries. So you're not alone in your view. Eric The(AlthoughYouMayWishYouWere)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
[/b] Those are some interesting examples Mr.Hun.However they are merely negative ones that you have chosen as you as a religous zealot would choose.There are more positive examples that you with your myopia fail to see. The pages of history are full of how religion has negatively impacted society,so go sell crazy somewhere else.I'm not buying your B.S. rhetoric.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:25:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:03:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2001 7:55:26 AM EDT by Balming]
JESUS HATES Revelation 2 verse 6 Balming
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:24:34 AM EDT
You are either with us or you are with the terrorists.
Top Top