Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/22/2001 8:38:24 AM EDT
My wife set the rules this year and I cannot think of a damn thing. 1. Maximum Price: $100.00 2. No Gun related Stuff.[:(] 3. Should be a unique idea. I wanted to get her the new AR15 knife, however, I came to my senses. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:52:09 AM EDT
Does she like jewelry?
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:57:21 AM EDT
Heck, what's the rush? You got 2 days and one of those is Sunday.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 8:57:55 AM EDT
Yes she does, however, her tastes typically run in the more expensive ranges. Item 1 is killing me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:20:11 AM EDT
Champs Elysay (sp?) perfume. I get it for my wife every year for Christmas. Gives me wood when she's wearing it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:34:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Halfcocked: Champs Elysay (sp?) perfume. I get it for my wife every year for Christmas. Gives me wood when she's wearing it.
View Quote
Used to get mine Oscar, after our son was born, she became sensitive to strong smells and quit wearing perfume. Great idea, just won't work in this case. Thanks, Frank I am looking for one of those cool/unusual gifts a woman would like but would not buy for herself. I will be headed into town shortly. I'll check back in a few hours.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 11:03:04 AM EDT
First, screw rule#1. It just amazes me that guys can't figure women for shit. She doesn't want you to spend less than $100 on her. She wants to spend less than $100 on you! HAHAHAHA. Seriously, though, I am fucking serious. Second, what the hell does she like? Collectibles and jewelry are almost foolproof. With collectibles you'll be set for years to come if you find something she likes to collect. Clothing is a little tough but not impossible(leather and nice sweaters work well but depends on climate where you live). If you give more particulars I can probably come up with some ideas.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 11:14:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2001 11:08:11 AM EDT by Tanstaafl]
We live in Arkansas, so the climate is usually mild. I was thinking about going to one of the womenz type stores and getting her some accesories. My taste is questionable but I could get an A for effort. We will be going on a cruise this spring. Our first one. Anything along that line? I just called a friend who is an Oakley dealer. I could get her a pair of prescription sunglasses. I also have a buddy who has a dive shop. I dive she does not. She in not a good swimmer. Battery is getting low, I'm mobil in the truck. Check back later. Tanstaafl out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 11:22:47 AM EDT
There are lab created stones that look very nice. And way less then say a real saphire or emerald. try walmart or kmart and look around.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:59:06 PM EDT
If you are unlikely to select clothing that she likes I would avoid that. The cruise would be tough-I can't really think of anything particular to go with that and if she is not much of a swimmer I'd avoid snorkeling/SCUBA gear as well. What are her hobbies? What would she like to collect? Anything? Most women like something in this area. Precious Moments, Angels, Santas, teacups, etc. Look at your local Hallmark Gift Shop. Jewelry can hardly miss. Avoid excessively gaudy jewelry unless of course your wife likes it like that. I just saw a birthstone pendant in a floating heart that I nearly bought for my own wife. $189. If you buy a pendant I will warn you that the chains are generally cheap and you will want to invest in a better one. Maybe for B-day or anniversary. Also came across, in jewelry store as well, some cut glass animals(small, very classy I thought) and you could buy 1-3 and still stay within your $100 limit, which I still think you should forget about-promise she won't mind! There is a precious moments nativity that you can get for under $150, I believe(its the small one). Get her a leather jacket if she likes that kind of thing. Art can be nice also. Simply check some of the local art shops for a print or small sculpture. Does she have a camera? If so, does she need a better one. Go to some jewelry and Hallmark stores and I don't think you'll have to much trouble finding something. I'll check back later.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:25:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:43:02 PM EDT
Dude, go to the Hallmark store and get her a pair of those "kissing" bears. They advertise these little teddy bears with magnets behind their lips. When the mouths come close enough together they kiss! How cute and romantic. Come on, show her your mushy side and score points. The bears can't cost too much.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:06:27 PM EDT
Just got home from dinner and a movie. I took her to a plaza where there are a bunch of womenz's stores near the theater. Let her window shop and marked the stuff she liked. (on the sly) I'll go back tomorrow and pick up a shirt and some accesories to go with it. I know I was in the right place cause the stores were named stuff like Pinky Punkey, Elle', and Barbara Graves Intimate Fashions.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:08:23 PM EDT
beanie babies, teddy bear. Still thinking.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 6:31:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 7:35:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 9:15:22 PM EDT
get her a day pass into one of those freaky mud facial chick spas.
Top Top