Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2001 1:49:41 AM EDT
People of Kalifornication,
I am not putting my ass on the line "over there" just to let this whore take away our rights. Fight this BITCH NOW!

Feinstein to Propose New National Gun Law Legislation
12/20/01
[url]http://www.bayinsider.com/partners/ktvu/news/2001/12/20/guns.html[/url]

California Democrat and longtime anti-gun advocate U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein announced today she plans to introduce legislation that would bring the nation in line with her home state's stringent laws regarding gun sales and background checks.

Feinstein said she will introduce legislation early next year that would require background checks for all gun sales, whether they occur at a licensed dealer, flea market, gun show or between private individuals.

The federal law would mirror current California law, which requires all gun purchases and transfers, including those between private parties and at gun shows, be made through a licensed dealer, according to California Attorney General Bill Lockyer's office.

Feinstein made her announcement today on Capitol Hill in conjunction with the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence's release of new report outlining the connection between terrorism and the firearm availability in the United States.

"I intend to hold a hearing in the Judiciary Subcommittee on Terrorism, Technology and Government Information early next year on this report which ... shows it is very easy for terrorists to purchase firearms in this nation,'' Feinstein said.

"We already know that children can buy guns all too easily in order to kill other children. We know that gang members and criminals can do the same,'' Feinstein said. "Clearly, the time has come for a universal background check on all gun sales. ...''

Feinstein said she believes U.S. citizens, including members of the National Rifle Association, would support universal background checks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 3:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I sent this message to her through email I know she will never read it but...

I recently read an article stating your intent to introduce a bill to introduce gun laws similar to California to the entire US.

I must say that I am appalled at your decision to further the goals of the self-minded few of the California Population and push those ideas on the rest of the country.

I am an active duty National Guardsmen here in Arizona and I believe EVERY citizen has the right to do what they please in regards to firearms. You state that "..children can buy guns all too easily in order to kill other children. We know that gang members and criminals can do the same.." I am sorry to say that your statement is almost entirely outrageous and seriously skitters on the edge of lying. What I would like to know is where are these children buying guns? I sure the heck know its not in California where I know ACTIVE DUTY military personnel that have problems buying firearms. I can hardly buy rifle ammunition in Arizona without being hassled.

I know you hear all the stats and the figures but coming from an HONEST citizen of this country I believe what you and your state are doing in regards to firearms is WRONG. It’s against the constitution and against everything this country stands for.

THEN I get and ACCESS denied message! w00t
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 4:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
F*ck her and the lesbian she rode in on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top