Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 7:05:27 PM EDT
Michigan is having a gun "buy back" Dec 21 and 22, offering $50 gift cards for every firearm turned in.

I'm trying to find out if AIM Surplus sells firearms to the public.  If so I'm going to try to organize a road trip to Ohio, where MI residents can purchase long guns and stock up on the $35 Mosin Nagants. There is a limit of 2 guns per person for the buy back.  So I would only make a $30 profit, which will cover gas.  But it would be worth it just to screw those in MI who are claiming guns make a house safe and should be turned in.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes they do, I bought a sar-2 from them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes they sell to the publix. Why would you want to waste your 2 gun limit on a junk buyback?

Get 2 of the FALs or AKs that he has listed right now and screw anyone who trys to make your house unsafe.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes they sell to the publix. Why would you want to waste your 2 gun limit on a junk buyback?
View Quote

Becuase our anti-gun Attorney General pisses me off that much.  Also, if I can get a couple people to come with me from the Michigan pro-gun group MCRGO.  We can boast about the failure of the gun buy back program on our website which is read by everyone involved in gun rights and gun control in Michigan, including the legislature.  Imagine their shock when they see that the net result of the buy back was to actually put money in the pockets of the pro-gun organization members.

Plus I've been wanting a Mosin Nagant.  Since I'm unemployed about $35 is all I can afford.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a SAR-1 from them yesterday.  A little Christmas gift to myself.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:56:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're gonna buy a Mosin because you want one, that's great.

But as a C&R collector, I would ask that you not use these old war relics as pawns in your state's political games.  I imagine that most of what is turned in becomes scrap.  These old beauties should not be made to suffer such indignity.

Somewhere out there someone is going to buy their first $35 Mosin because it's all they can afford.  They're gonna clean it up, shoot it, and ultimately fall in love with it.  They will now be a new member of the gun culture.  I hate to think that they would be denied this pleasure because the "cheap" guns have all been turned in.

Sometimes the best way to win at their game is not to play.

LL
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 6:16:42 AM EDT
[#6]
SWIRE, rather than, as several other posters have pointed-out, wasting a war beauty, you could visit several pawn shops to see what they have.  If you explain what you want it for, they might have a beater rifle or shotgun, that isn't safe to fire, that they want to get rid of.  I've bought a shotgun and a rifle for less than $35 each at a pawn show, because they each needed a part.  Also, if you're feeling evil, you can keep the bolt and any other worthwhile parts.z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top