Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2001 8:20:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
It will be a lot more common occurrence in the weeks to come I would guess.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Starting to look like some of those outta control soccer games.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:37:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I am pretty sure all of you know this but I did hear a guy on NPR get it wrong last night.  The bottles are plastic and I like them better than those stupid plastic cups you used to have to drink from when you were 16 and pooled all your money for a keg of the cheapest nastiest beer.  Every time I drink beer from a plastic cup it makes me sick.

Anyhow it does not excuse the poor childlike actions of those who throw things when all is not their way.  I am sure they got some of those people on tape, and the good thing is they can figure out seat numbers and probably names.  Stupidity like this has happened in the past and was squashed pretty fast.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 3:40:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]
this is nothing new. go back to the clevetown indian's 1984 season and the infamous "beer night" incident.

Link Posted: 12/18/2001 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
My 2 cents. This years economy and the stress from 9-11 have put the public on edge. Dealing with the public is dicey these days. Fed up and with little control, people are down right mean and easily riled over things.

The attitude of the public lately is to complain and blow up over anything. "They're fed up and not gonna take it." I predict more to come for a little while more.

Then maybe will all get some manners and civility again.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#7]
New York Giant's snowball-field goal incident.  And the Green Bay coach who was knocked out by a snowball/iceball.  It is nothing new.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:27:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
this is nothing new. go back to the clevetown indian's 1984 season and the infamous "beer night" incident.

View Quote

Campy, that was 1974.  "Five cent beer night" at Cleveland Stadium.  The drunken fans almost tore the place down.  Hundreds were arrested.

It seems that sporting events have become just an excuse to get drunk and misbehave.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:44:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:58:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I would not at all be surprised to see the plastic bottles banned by the NFL, and beer being sold in waxed paper or plastic cups again.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#11]
bean bag their drunken asses and brand their  foreheads.

edited to remove profanity (((again)))
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 8:40:07 AM EDT
[#12]
They musta been really drunk. I think some of them bottles were full.

Luck
Alac

One Riot, One Ranger
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top