Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2001 11:50:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 12:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure the guy they booted was a complete tool, but I can't help but point out that if the seller would not have shipped incorrect and abused mags none of this would've happened.  The excuse (and that's all it is) that these things happen when you deal with such a crazy amount of inventory is pure bullshit.  If you as a vendor count on people to politely contact you for a refund after you screwed their order you are high.  Their first stop is the World Wide Web and they will be pissed.

Having bought plenty of mags and accesories from the faceless vendors that frequent these type of firearms sites over the years, the times I've been burned the worst resulted from deals either from the board administrator (JEN @ FAL Files), or from dealing with people loudly and lavishly endorsed by the board's mods (in this case involving AK47.net and Charles M. Bratton, formerly of Blue Ridge Precision).

The great thing about AR15.com is not only that the people here have memories like elephants, but they also maintain a list over on the Equipment Exchange that rates sellers - and using that input so far - no major problems.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you read far enough, Dolomite.  When you get more into it he starts threatening the guy who's trying to replace the mags for him.  Then the mags show up for sale on another site at a 30% markup.

So... many... loonies...  [whacko] [whacko][whacko]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I did read the whole thread and agree that the guy probably eats his own boogers, but my original intent was to express doubt upon the old "oops! - those mags must've came out of the wrong pile!" excuse that I've received from other folks selling mags and such on the internet.

What I've had to do, and what this guy should've done, is take a couple of photos of the mags and then immediately pack the mags up in the same box and return ship them ASAP for a refund.  This guy would've gathered a lot more sympathy if he would've had photo evidence to post.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 5:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Dolomite, DITTO!

A hair-triggered, irate buyer posting on a public board is one of a sellers worse nightmares.  
Something also smells fishy about the buyer not wanting to return part of the mags, & bitching about his valuable time invested cleaning the mags (BTW, how the hell can anyone complain about receiving 229 mags instead of 228s).

They BOTH sound like hardheaded, insulting, yet  thin-skinned a**holes to me.
They're both wrong.

It's a good study in what [b][u]not to do[/u][/b] as a buyer OR seller.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Unbeeeeeeeeeeelievable!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 2:30:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Lesson To Be Learned:

[b]Take Your Medication As Scheduled[/b][whacko]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top