Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2001 10:21:35 AM EDT
We all hear the stories of actors and actresses, especially child actors who complain that they cannot find roles in television or films after they have grown up. This does not only apply to child actors, but other celebrities, professional sport players, or many other high payed people.
These people think that they must always have the same type of job for the rest of their lives and that they must never be payed less than they were payed before and that their lifestyle should not be less than it was before.
Just from my own personal experience, I have had several different jobs, full and part-time that weren't even remotely related to each other and my lifestyle always changed from one career to another depending on if the next job paid more or less.

So a word to the Gary Colemans of the world;
If you were working for millions a year on a top television show and now you are working for only a couple hundred a week being a security guard....welcome to the real world.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]

Link Posted: 12/17/2001 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for putting into words something that has been a source of inarticulate frustration for the rest of us for such a long time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I just think that it's funny.

It's like, "But you all loved me and now don't. I'm so confused!!!"

The higher you fly, the farther you fall.

Hey, speaking of which, is the new Britney Spears poster out yet??? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 11:32:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Ozzy Ozbourne was doing an MTV home thing, and his son had a poster of her. He said, "I like Britney, too." with and evil grin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top