Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2001 11:31:10 PM EDT
In honor of Bill of Rights day, I decided to contribute to the Patriot economy, even with my limited fixed income, the best I could. So instead of just eating free samples of hot and sweet, black pepper, and teriyaki beef jerky, getting my glasses cleaned and shoes cleaned for free, and taking part in the free massage chair demo, I bought some stuffs at the fun show.

I find this table and there is this bundle of canvas gear.

Me: "What is this?"

Fun show vendor: "That? Oh, it is foreign web gear."

Me: "Really? Where was it made?"

FSV: "I don't know. It is just about brand new and only $30"

Me: "Hmmm"

FSV: "For $30 bucks it is a great price. If you don't like it, you can always sell it on ebay for $50 easy. So do you want it or not?"

Me: "Uh...well...ok."

So when I open the bundle of stuff up, here is what I got:

This appears to be a belt and suspenders with 2 big pouches with lots of pockets fixed to the rear. There are lots of straps and buckles.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Fwebgear%2Ejpg[/img]

I think this is a backpack. Lots of straps and buckles also.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Fbackpack%2Ejpg[/img]

These were not attached to anything at all. 1 big pouch like the ones on the belt, a small pouch, and this sheet thing with 2 straps and buckles.
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Imbroglio%2Fpouches%2Ejpg[/img]

So my questions are:

What is this?

How do I put the thing together?

Did I get ripped off?
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I would guess that all that stuff went together on some sort of frame but I could be wrong. For $30 you did pretty good. I have seen similar stuff on surplus sites for a lot less. Overall if it's useful to you then it's a good deal. Don't think you'll get $50 for it on eBay though.
I have a question for you...
Your always crying how your broke and only have 2 guns, but you obviously have a nice camera because your pictures are always clear etc. What gives?

John
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Sometimes I use a scanner to make pics. Other times I use a POS camera and lots of Photoshop work.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:13:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that is South African. I think tapco sells that pack looking one. They call it the Hippo pack. I think cheaper than dirt sells the stuff to connect it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 1:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:48:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would guess that all that stuff went together on some sort of frame but I could be wrong. For $30 you did pretty good. I have seen similar stuff on surplus sites for a lot less. Overall if it's useful to you then it's a good deal. Don't think you'll get $50 for it on eBay though.
I have a question for you...
Your always crying how your broke and only have 2 guns, but you obviously have a nice camera because your pictures are always clear etc. What gives?

John
View Quote

Main Entry: sar.casm
Pronunciation: 'sär-"ka-z&m
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut
Date: 1550
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
[b]2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm [/b]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:02:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Its a "hippo pack" the pouches hold 2 FAL,HK,M14 (almost any .308) mags and the sheet lookin thing is for a bedroll all in all they are not bad the webbing is nice and wide but unpadded some people have adapted them to USGI web gear or assault vests. They are South African in origin.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#8]
That should hold several thousand rds. of .38 & 10/22 ammo!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I looked in the new Tapco catalog I just got and the belt part I have appears to be the same SA one they are selling. I guess I got a good deal considering they want $19.95 just for that part in used condition and on ebay the bid is up to $21.99 for the backpack.

Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top