Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2001 6:10:58 PM EDT
Yes folks only a few days for Lord of the Rings movie I can't f'ing wait.

[img]http://lordoftherings.net/images/spacer.gif[/img]

[url]http://lordoftherings.net/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Head across the bridge, it's the start of the journey. Can't wait myself. I've been reading the books since I was a kid.

BTW, I'll be buying my son a new copy of the books for christmas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Something I didn't know until I read this weeks TV guide, is that the subtitle of the movie is "The Fellowship Of The Ring". That's right, they're not trying to squeeze the whole story into one movie. There's going to be two more![:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Something I didn't know until I read this weeks TV guide, is that the subtitle of the movie is "The Fellowship Of The Ring". That's right, they're not trying to squeeze the whole story into one movie. There's going to be two more![:D]
View Quote

I heard that about 2 weeks ago and I'm glad. There would be no way in putting all 3 books in a 3 hour movie without ruining it.  I just wish they started with "The Hobbit."
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Did'nt this start with "The Hobbit"?  What's with starting with the second book?
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Did'nt this start with "The Hobbit"?  What's with starting with the second book?
View Quote

The Hobbit is just a prelude detailing the
re-discovery of the ring.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It's killing me too, LT. I will, WILL see this movie the day it opens, and probably every day possible after that. BTW, if you haven't been over to [url]www.TheOneRing.net[/url] by now, you've been missing out, big time.

Go.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess they'll do it like Star Wars, begining with book 4
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
The Hobbit was not the first book.  More of a prequel.

I actually have tickets to see it already, 10:55 am showing on Wed.  Just sucks that we have to wait two years to see the ending.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yes folks only a few days for Lord of the Rings movie I can't f'ing wait.
View Quote

Yeah, I used to be like you once waiting for [i]Lord of the Rings[/i] to come out until I found out that Jar-Jar was going to be in it...

...*runs away*...
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Kate & Leopold opens soon too!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#12]
You better believe I'll be the first in line Wed.  

I did force myself to read the books, finally. I tried the Hobbit in high school and never did finish it...DDDDRRRRRYYYYY.

The trilogy wasn't as bad, just not my style, I guess.  Still a little dry for me.  I much prefer Jordan, and maybe sometimes even Eddings.  Right now I'm reading Jordan, Elliott, Douglass, Farland, and Weis/Hickman.  Gotta keep myself entertained waiting for the next book in each series!

***and whoever made that comment about weis/hickman being good, you are now officially BANISHED***

Guess I'll have to read the Fedllowship of the Ring again before wed. to make sure I know what's going on and can know what stuff they left out.

Oh, I heard they filmed the entire trilogy already but will wait a year between releases so they'd have all the same actors for sure.  Just a rumor, though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#13]
As I understand it, shooting for all 3 films was done simutaneously in New Zealand, so the live action stuff at least is already in the can for the next 2 films.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#14]
[i]Mellon![/i]
.....[:|]
.....[:\]

Looks like it won't open.
Sorry, you'll have to wait until Wed.[:(]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I'm going to see it too. My son happens to be the local area representive of Decipher,Inc. This is the company that has the license to market role playing card games for "Star Wars" "Star Trek" and "Lord of the Rings", plus some others I don't remember. He will be at the theater passing out literature all day(Theater called and asked for this)and I guess I'll "have" to go check out the movi... oops, I mean check up on him. Sounds like they tried to stick to the original storyline from the books, we'll see!

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm right there with you guys.  I've been playing D&D since the third grade and reading that sort of sci-fi/fantasy even before that.  GB is right about the Dark Elf trilogy, that is very good reading as well.  

I even get to see LOTR with a pretty womenz! [:p]

Tyler
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#17]
2 more days......

I will be getting back from Atlanta around 5:30 so I guess instead of waiting till Thurs. I am gonna see if I can go to one of the Weds nite showing.

I hate going to the movies at nite alone, I feel like such a loner, but for this one I will make an exception.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#18]
We are closing the office early and all heading to the cinema. Programmers and Tolkein... need I say more?
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#20]
For those who were not aware of the release schedule, the three movies will each be released around Christmas a year apart.  This year it's Fellowship, next year is The Two Towers and 2003 will give us the Return of the King.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:19:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Also the George Martin series is fantastic
View Quote

I second that.  I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being disappointed in those.

Edit:  The series title is "a song of ice and fire" with the first three books being "A game of thrones", "a clash of kings", and "a storm of swords", respectively.  Great plot twists and suspense.  Just when you start to think a character is vital to the plot he gets his head lopped off.  Very unpredictable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You better believe I'll be the first in line Wed.  

I did force myself to read the books, finally. I tried the Hobbit in high school and never did finish it...DDDDRRRRRYYYYY.

The trilogy wasn't as bad, just not my style, I guess.  Still a little dry for me.  I much prefer Jordan, and maybe sometimes even Eddings
View Quote

You've got to be kidding!  You call tolkien dry and then you say you like eddings!?  Eddings, the master of dryness, who reveals the whole plot before it happens and for the rest of the book you're just waiting for it to play out!?  Sorry, I have a think about eddings [;)]

Oh, I heard they filmed the entire trilogy already but will wait a year between releases so they'd have all the same actors for sure.  Just a rumor, though.
View Quote

Not a rumor, that's fact.  I think they did filming for about 15 months, doing all 3 together.  Originally they were going to release them 1 every 6 months.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Wooohooo!!! Less than 24hrs left. I don't think I will be able to sleep. Have an interview and this movie tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#24]
It looks like a kiddie movie. And they're all gay and anti-gun too. Can't believe you guys are gonna support this movie.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#26]
You guy talking about Frodo?!?!, I always percieved him as a lil off in the books.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Goign to see the movie tomorrow night. never read the books. Saw the cartoon though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I hate going to the movies at nite alone, I feel like such a loner, but for this one I will make an exception.
View Quote

I'll be seeing it at the Irvine spectrum, your old stomping grounds.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Doesn't the lead actor look...um...a little...GAY!?  You'd think they would pick a slightly more masculine character.
View Quote

Isnt he an Elf/Elve? I think Elves are supposed to be a little androgenous(SP?)...

Liv Tyler looks fine though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Aren't they just a bunch of fairys. Of course they're gay.
Link Posted: 12/19/2001 8:27:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll be seeing it at the Irvine spectrum, your old stomping grounds.
View Quote

Wish I could've seen it there. I normally hit Pucks for dinner, then movie across the plaza, then finish the nite off at Sloppy Joe's for some boozing and dancin. Now that's a good date nite. I miss that place.

Oh and Goatboy, you forgot to add The Scorpion King to your list.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 10:03:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You've got to be kidding!  You call tolkien dry and then you say you like eddings
View Quote

I said "maybe sometimes even" in reference to Eddings.  It's a good one for people just starting out w/ fantasy.  I usually read it when I want an easy, quick book that I don't have to think about.  :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top