Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2001 11:50:15 AM EDT
    Why is it that ever year families get together for Christmas.  I mean some of these people you don't see all year long(not that that is a bad thing)and for some reason during Christmas you have to act like you are happy to see them.  Please, it is torture!!!!!  Christmas is suppose to be a happy time.  Why do families make it miserable[rolleyes]?

Well that is my opinion[soapbox].  What is yours?

Got to go.  I have to go to the inlaws Christmas party[>(].
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I solved it.
We have a Winter Solstice Party for the folks we *like*.....then we do Xmas with the family that we don't get along with.
Xmas will never be what it was when we were kids, just a fact of life.
We transfer all the happy stuff to a *real* holiday, a celestial celebration, the Solstice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I solved it.
We have a Winter Solstice Party for the folks we *like*.....then we do Xmas with the family that we don't get along with.
Xmas will never be what it was when we were kids, just a fact of life.
We transfer all the happy stuff to a *real* holiday, a celestial celebration, the Solstice.
View Quote

At least then it will not be too cold to shoot!!!1
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Chill buddy, I know don't like them, but nevertheless they are YOUR family. Talk with those folks and learn about your family for better or worse, because they are your family, and there is nothing you can do to change it.  When all of those folks pass on, a little of your family history will be lost.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I had an uncle that would never eat anything, but just drink beer through the entire Christmas party. As the night would go on he would get louder and louder until he eventually fell asleep somewhere on the floor.
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Xmas? Xmas? WDF ist Xmas?

Eric The(ALittleTeutonicHumor)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2001 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 3:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't wait until Christmas to celebrate with friends - we do that all year long. I simply moved every three or four years for twenty years until all the relatives lost track of where I'm at [:)]
View Quote

I like that idea!!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I am one of the lucky ones, I always enjoy being with family and friends during christmas.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I can handle about six hours with them, then I have to go. So I use my wifes relatives as an excuse and we go home and have Christmas with ourselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top