Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 11:16:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't we have a thread awhile back about SWAT being Morons?

More evidence of the truth of that.[IMG]http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif[/IMG]

Let's review...

In Cobb County Georgia, SWAT knocks the door down on the wrong apartment seeking a "America's Most Wanted" suspect, the highly trained professionals allowed one of their weapons to discharge into the innocent persons home.

Here we have GI Joe wannabes throwing stun grenades at children![IMG]http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/cwm/cwm/angryfire.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
"To Serve and Protect"

Though there must be some honest, COMPETENT officers out there, SWAT teams suck and they are worthless.  Worse than worthless, they are dangerous in many cases, as illustrated above.

The real threat SWAT poses is their ABILITY to be used as a military arm of the government against US citizens.  Quick history lesson:  The founding fathers originally were opposed to even a standing army even during the Revolutionary War.  They knew the armies could and have been used against their own people by corrupt governments, constituting a potential threat to individual rights.  When the army was formed, it was placed under harsh restrictions and was not supposed to be used against any American citizens.  Unfortuneately the trend to heavily armed SWAT teams gives the government a way of oppressing citizens, much like Gestapo of Nazi Germany.  NOTE:  I am not saying modern SWAT teams are the Gestapo.  I am saying they have the potential to be abused and used like the Gestapo, as incidents like Ruby Ridge and Waco demonstrate.

Chew on this, fellow gun owners.  If (hypothetically) someone in your neighborhood that was anti-gun discovered you had a number of weapons and reported it (called the cops, "HE'S GOING TO SHOOT SOMEONE!") and the cops responded with a SWAT team you may wake up in the night with armed men in your house.  How do you react?  If you do not know who they are, you may pull your own gun.  Then what?  Cops open up, kill some family members.  THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT!  Just post some pics of your "arsenal" in the local paper, and the people will be willing to accept the killings as the death of nuts.  IE, Waco.  Even if Koresh deserved what he got, which I think is extreme, those women and children sure as hell didn't.  Cops are also protected by some laws in that situation, look at the sniper from Ruby Ridge.

Food for thought.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
This is cop bashing and i demand that this thread be locked.  HAHAHAHAH I BEAT IMBROGLIO![kill]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
How is it cop bashing when it's true?
S.W.A.T + Special weapons and tactics, sjut like Special Forces, Seals, and Recon.
Unconventional warfare.
Seems that the two incidents mentioned above were "no-knock" warrants, and the emotional trauma that the children suffered was for what? Nothing.  

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The location is 5 blocks from where my dad grew up.  Even in the early 1970s when I visited my grandma in north Minneapolis it was a safe neighborhood.  Now it is a stinking rotten ghetto with drug dealers on every corner.  Dad was born in the Depression and their family of 9 lived in a 2-bedroom house.  Everyone worked, my dad sold newspapers on the corner at age 5.  Very different from the work ethic one finds in north Minneapolis now.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Hard to believe noone from MN has responded to this yet... other than me of course.

There has been on average 1 shooting every day for the last week either in Mpls, St. Paul or both.  Its getting absolutely crazy out there.  To make it worse, our state is "discretionary" (read discriminatory) issue for concealed carry permits.  I've been denied both times that I've applied, each time under a different police chief.

BTW - not only did the above fiasco happen, but THE VERY SAME DAY Mpls SWAT raided another home of a "suspected drug dealer".  Guess what, their fancy flash-bang landed on a little girls mattress, which of course started on fire and burned the little girl to boot.  I wouldn't doubt it if she has hearing trouble too.

My GF saw these things on the news tonight and her jaw just dropped.  All I could say was, "See why I get all fired up at stuff like this?  This crap happens all the time and there's no repercussions for the cops that make the mistakes.  This could easily happen to me someday.  It could happen to anybody."

AAAAAaaaaaggggggg!
[:(!]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#9]
But, but... but they do it for the children... or something like that...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top