Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Since they were arrested civilly, are they now AWOL?  Sure they can find something to court marshal them for.

If a member of the Armed Forces is arrested by the civilian authorities, they are UA (or AWOL to the rest of you) until such time as they are returned to their unit.

If this means that they are arrested, convicted, and serve five years, then after those five years are up they will be turned over to their unit for being not unly UA/AWOL, but also a deserter (since the UA was more than 90 days).

If, however, they are arrested, tried, and found not guilty, then they are not considered to have been UA at all.

Someone correct me if the situation has changed since 1996 or so.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ransacked the Winchester home and likely killed the couple for financial gain

Not a hate crime. (Not that it makes any difference)

As was posted before I am really having to bite my tounge....

Why whats the deal?
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:48:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Better call in some experts, because there is no way the motive for this one can be easily detected.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
They should walk in front of the whole battalion or company  or what the unit is called. In full dress uniform if found guilty.

Be hit once by their CO and have the uniform removed piece by piece. Their tags taken and trampled and uniform and nametags torched along with their records.

If it were me they would hang. No firing squad as that would give them the honour of a soldiers death, hang them and dump the corpse.

I am sorry low tolerence for betrayers, liers and scum.

Marine you were not of my blood, not of my country, not even of my fathers service(R.A.F) but godspeed you will be in my prayers.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
3 Privates and 1 Lance?

I don't want to be "that guy", but could this have started with something happening at work?

thats what i was thinking.  more than likely this NCO rubbed some E-nothing shithead the wrong way and this was the result.

as far as servicemembers not being rich, well most just off deployment are..relatively speaking. at least for the first couple months.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

WOW! She's beautiful!

He must've had a GREAT personality, because there's no way a guy with his looks belongs with a girl that hot.

At least now they can be together forever.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:18:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The suspects include Pvt. Emrys John, 18; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20; Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20; and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21.

Hate crime, right?

They looked like a happy couple.

It would indeed be interesting to speculate on the reaction these murdering shitbags had to the racial makeup of this particular relationship...

My first thought exactly.

Does the military have the death penalty?

Doc
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The suspects include Pvt. Emrys John, 18; Lance Cpl. Tyrone Miller, 20; Pvt. Kevin Darnell Cox, 20; and Pvt. Kesuan Sykes, 21.

Hate crime, right?

They looked like a happy couple.

It would indeed be interesting to speculate on the reaction these murdering shitbags had to the racial makeup of this particular relationship...

Doc

Yes.

In fact, a dirtbag soldier is supposed to be coming up for his justice soon, IIRC.

Here is is:

Bush Approves Execution for Soldier

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked the punishment in Starship Trooper (the book)
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doc

Yes.

In fact, a dirtbag soldier is supposed to be coming up for his justice soon, IIRC.

Here is is:

Bush Approves Execution for Soldier

It's a shame these dogs have had a chance to breed. Filth like this needs to be eradicated from this earth with extreme prejudice.

Doc
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Biting my tongue REALLY hard right now....

No shit...

I just the tip of mine right off
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#13]
It would really suck if these shitbags were to find themselves in the middle of a fire fight in Iraq in a day or two....

Oops, sorry, they got "DEPLOYED".....
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Those are not Marines, they are animals wearing the uniforms.

They are  evil beast, and should be treated as such.

This is sick.

Pvt. Kesaun Sykes, 21, was booked into the Southwest Detention Center on two charges of first degree murder, home invasion robbery, felony use of a firearm and sexual penetration with a foreign object.

I will not call them Marines.                  

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the military still pretty strict on background checks and criminal records searching? or has it been relaxed due to the war. Just wondering how thugs got in.

Its not illegal for gang members to get in the military.  As long as they have no adult arrest record, they are good to go.

Juvy records are sealed, even the military cannot get them.

Not in Az.  You can do a record search and at least see what the person was in court for.

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Execution is too easy for these scum.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Wonder if it would be possible to give the Marines Jurisdiction in this case? I'd rather see the UCMJ get thrown at the scumbags than local law.  I've seen it done for lesser crimes, but that usually depends on whatever agreement local law enforcement has with the base. After Civilian court is done, Marines will get a crack at them, just not for murder. Too bad.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#18]
...A fair trial and a 1st class hang'n...
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#19]
The SGT had probably renlisted and gotten a big re-enlistment bonus. Probably in the sum of 20k (thats what they offered me) While thats not a lot, others have been killed for a lot less money.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#20]
This kinda hits home for me, my nephew, a Corporal in the Corp is serving in Iraq now, ( Comm Platoon, 7th RCT ) his wife is African-American. They are in their 2nd year of marriage.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bull fucking shit.
Having dated a black girl for a while, you get some nasty looks from black guys, especially if she is really good looking.

They killed them because they were an inter-racial couple.  The rest is bullshit.
And one of those fuck sticks is gonna sing.  Not that we will ever hear the truth.

+1  
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow.  That is one of the most fucked up incidents I have ever heard of.... and I've heard of a few.  

The Few and the Proud need to re-evaluate their hiring practices, and the other services doubly so, since the Marines are typically the most selective.

Do we have pictures of the suspects?

KA3B, please give us your opinion as far as motive, etc.  If you need to wait until after the trial, I understand, but it would be helpful if you could give us a little inside perspective on this heinous crime.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Biting my tongue REALLY hard right now....

No shit on that one, those POS need to be burned at the stake and SLOWLY

R.I.P. to the 2 victims
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the military still pretty strict on background checks and criminal records searching? or has it been relaxed due to the war. Just wondering how thugs got in.

Its not illegal for gang members to get in the military.  As long as they have no adult arrest record, they are good to go.

Juvy records are sealed, even the military cannot get them.

Not in Az.  You can do a record search and at least see what the person was in court for.

the military can get juvenile records under certain circumstances.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#26]
WTFO

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#27]
If they did this they were never Marines
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

WOW! She's beautiful!

He must've had a GREAT personality, because there's no way a guy with his looks belongs with a girl that hot.

At least now they can be together forever.

Wait aren't they both women? The Marines name was Jan.

ETA: NVM saw where it said 'HIS' family. The name Jan sort of threw me off, sorry guys.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#29]
thats totaly sad.. I hope they all catch a needle for it... Will this be tried in a military Court or a civilian Court... they are all marines but it was off base...
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#30]
This is a bunch of fucking horse shit....

I didn't know this marine personally, but he was part of 3rd MAW - Which he served during the same time I did. I recall seeing him a few times, but did not know him personally.

It's really a damn shame.... Semper Fi devil, R.I.P. - may God have vengeance on the people who did this to you and your family.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wait aren't they both women? The Marines name was Jan.

ETA: NVM saw where it said 'HIS' family. The name Jan sort of threw me off, sorry guys.

Jan is a very common name for slavic immigrants, the equivelant of "John" in slavic tongues is "Yan". The most common way to Americanize it is to simply change the Y to a J. The A sound in that particular case is actually similar to what English speakers associate as an O sound. Ergo many keep it without realizing.

Don't even get me starte about how W's in slavic actually are a V sound, or S's being Z's and vice versa.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Since they were arrested civilly, are they now AWOL?  Sure they can find something to court marshal them for.

3 are in the Camp Pendleton Brig.

The other one will be ran on the morning report as: In the hands of civilian authorities (IHCA).

I wonder if he just reenlisted for a fat bonus and the pieces of shit got wind of him possibly having a large some of money at home.

Too bad the military hasn't executed anyone for a long time.

I would like to be first in line to put a couple between each of their eyes if they're found guilty.

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry all about not letting anyone know an update to my original post. We were informed last thursday about the arrests. Our CO gave us a brief so that it did not come across as a shocker to us. Makes things even worse because 2 of them are from my unit. One of the others is in one of our sister units right next door. All of them were heavily involved in drug usage and selling. Sgt P and his wife were very good with their money and actually the cops found 50 thousand dollars inside their house from the home renovation they were doing as well as wedding money since they were just married a few months ago.

All of those Marines worked for him. The reason they became implicated in the first place was because they had said some things to others about how much they hated him. So once they were questioned, they readily addmitted to killing him and his wife. Cox had also been busted huffing paint in the hazmat locker by Sgt P. There was plenty of motive. Some of it is hate. Some of it was greed. Combine the two together and you have a deadly combination. Also, His wife's throat had been slit, which makes some people think that it was a hate crime as well.

Cox admitted to driving the other individuals to the house
Miller Admitted to Pulling the trigger

The Marine Corps is expediting their discharge and they are going to be handed over to civilian authorities. They all admitted that they did it. THis one should be quick and easy in the courts.

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bull fucking shit.
Having dated a black girl for a while, you get some nasty looks from black guys, especially if she is really good looking.

They killed them because they were an inter-racial couple.  The rest is bullshit.
And one of those fuck sticks is gonna sing.  Not that we will ever hear the truth.

+1  

This was kinda my thoughts on it.

May these EX-Marines rot in hell, eternally screaming in pain.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sorry all about not letting anyone know an update to my original post. We were informed last thursday about the arrests. Our CO gave us a brief so that it did not come across as a shocker to us. Makes things even worse because 2 of them are from my unit. One of the others is in one of our sister units right next door. All of them were heavily involved in drug usage and selling. Sgt P and his wife were very good with their money and actually the cops found 50 thousand dollars inside their house from the home renovation they were doing as well as wedding money since they were just married a few months ago.

All of those Marines worked for him. The reason they became implicated in the first place was because they had said some things to others about how much they hated him. So once they were questioned, they readily addmitted to killing him and his wife. Cox had also been busted huffing paint in the hazmat locker by Sgt P. There was plenty of motive. Some of it is hate. Some of it was greed. Combine the two together and you have a deadly combination. Also, His wife's throat had been slit, which makes some people think that it was a hate crime as well.

Cox admitted to driving the other individuals to the house
Miller Admitted to Pulling the trigger

The Marine Corps is expediting their discharge and they are going to be handed over to civilian authorities. They all admitted that they did it. THis one should be quick and easy in the courts.

Okay, WHY THE FUCK were they running around loose and still in the Marines?

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 12:52:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Unfortunately, unlike civilian jobs, It takes plenty of paperwork and time to kick people out. We can't just fire them. Cox had been on restriction and already spent time in the brig, but we were just waiting on his discharge to come back from HQ Marine Corps. I don't think they will have any problem processing them now.

As far as the hate part, Sgt P was just that... A Sergeant. He was in charge of these fuckers and apparently they did not like him. They had spoken about hating him, but we hear that shit all the time. As Leaders of Marines, we are not in this for a popularity contest, but it never crosses our mind that someone will take it so bad that they will kill you for it. As soon as I get more info, I will relay this on.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sorry all about not letting anyone know an update to my original post. We were informed last thursday about the arrests...

To HELL with those fucking pieces of shit!!!    They deserve a short drop and a long swing.  I hope CA has the balls to do what is right.  I know Texas would.

Link Posted: 11/4/2008 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#38]
We put in a request to let us handle the situation but we got shot down. We could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money.

I would love to say what I am thinking, but my job does not allow me to say it. I am biting my tongue and sharing my thoughts with those whom I am tight with. But I know a lot of you are thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 are in the Camp Pendleton Brig.

The other one will be ran on the morning report as: In the hands of civilian authorities (IHCA).

I wonder if he just reenlisted for a fat bonus and the pieces of shit got wind of him possibly having a large some of money at home.

Too bad the military hasn't executed anyone for a long time.

I would like to be first in line to put a couple between each of their eyes if they're found guilty.

I was stationed at the 22 area. We would always run by the brig and yell out "FREEEEEDOOOOOOMMM" as we passed it and the inmates were outside. They gave us some dirty looks.
Link Posted: 11/4/2008 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We put in a request to let us handle the situation but we got shot down. We could have saved the taxpayers a lot of money.

I would love to say what I am thinking, but my job does not allow me to say it. I am biting my tongue and sharing my thoughts with those whom I am tight with. But I know a lot of you are thinking the same thing.

I am very sorry for your loss.  

The rest I will not say, but after reading the replies in this thread, we are all in agreement.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#41]
fuck
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 7:29:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Please accept my condolences.

Assuming they have the correct persons in custody, hang them by the neck until dead.

This makes me sick.

Link Posted: 11/6/2008 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, unlike civilian jobs, It takes plenty of paperwork and time to kick people out. We can't just fire them. Cox had been on restriction and already spent time in the brig, but we were just waiting on his discharge to come back from HQ Marine Corps. I don't think they will have any problem processing them now.

As far as the hate part, Sgt P was just that... A Sergeant. He was in charge of these fuckers and apparently they did not like him. They had spoken about hating him, but we hear that shit all the time. As Leaders of Marines, we are not in this for a popularity contest, but it never crosses our mind that someone will take it so bad that they will kill you for it. As soon as I get more info, I will relay this on.

Quit signing up the fucking gangbanger pieces of shit. I don't want any of them anywhere near me or my track, and I fucking hate seeing them walking around with their patrol caps kicked back and their fucking boots unlaced off duty.

Start issuing M9's to the Sgt's in charge of details. Let them shoot a couple of shitbags every now and then, and discipline will return.

I'm sick of seeing the slobs in uniform continuing to get their fucking way in everything, while the people who are trying to do the right thing get fucked.

Wall-to-wall counseling needs to come back with a vengeance.

Link Posted: 11/6/2008 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#44]
My boot camp platoon, and especially my MCT company, was loaded with inner-city ghetto trash.

Of the ones that went into the same field as I, very few made it to the end of their enlistment.  Rapists, deserters, armed robbers, druggies, n'er do-wells, etc...  Coupled with all the hazing going on at that time, I'm surprised that I've stuck with it this long.

That's all I'm going to say 'bout that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#46]
According to this article they are being charged with sexual assault also.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Can someone explain to me why the black community would have a problem with a white man marrying a black woman?  After all, wouldn't such a marriage be an indicator of a white man looking beyond color (MLK Jr's dream)?

Good looking couple.  May they find rest and happiness together on the other side of the veil.

Agreed

Damn shame.

Link Posted: 11/6/2008 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#49]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2008/11/05/2008-11-05_brooklyn_marine_sergeant__wife_tortured_-2.html

Born in Poland, Pietrzak was 10 when he moved to the U.S. and enlisted after the 9/11 attacks. He was named Jan Pawel, which means John Paul, after the Polish pontiff.

A mechanic who worked on helicopters, Pietrzak, 24, met his wife three years ago at a party for Marines being deployed to Iraq.

Quiana Jenkins-Pietrzak, 26, who worked for the county's Black Infant Care Center, was reluctant to date a Marine. But Pietrzak wooed her, and they were married in August.

"They were in love," her mother-in-law said. "It didn't matter to them that they had different skin colors."

The bride wore her favorite white Converse sneakers, and she was still in the process of writing thank-you cards when she was killed.

"She was our only child and my best friend," Faye Jenkins said. "He was like my son. He was so proud to be a Marine. But when he was off the base, he was my son."

The Pietrzaks were not rich and purchased their five-bedroom home in May through a foreclosure, said Waldemar Piasecki, a New York-based Polish journalist and family friend. He used his reenlistment bonus to replace the hardwood floor and carpet.

I hope there's a death penalty for all involved.
Link Posted: 11/6/2008 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Diversity is our strength right?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top