Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2001 4:02:07 PM EDT
Dontcha' just love the military sometimes?

So here is where I am right now:

I blew the ASVAB clean away...........passed the drug test, the HIV test, the orthopedics exam, the height and the weight, the vision and the medical interview with the CMO..(already been FBI checked before so that is not a big deal)...but out of 6 frequency ranges it seems that I am not so keen on 4000 Hz.....oh yeah all ranges below and all above were fine but one friggin frequency has slowed me down.

The CMO and I hit it off from the get-go and he recommended a waiver but now said recommendation must go from state ARNG all the way to the friggin Pentagon before I can be sworn in.

That a hoot or what?

The same CMO that can disqualify me on basically anything he wants to can not override that same system with his own waiver.

Bull.

No one could tell my why an MP must be able to consistently pick a 4000 Hz frequency.

Still pluggin!

I am still confident that it will go but it just means a delay.

My ship date was 4 JAN 02
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Dontcha' just love the military sometimes?

So here is where I am right now:

I blew the ASVAB clean away...........passed the drug test, the HIV test, the orthopedics exam, the height and the weight, the vision and the medical interview with the CMO..(already been FBI checked before so that is not a big deal)...but out of 6 frequency ranges it seems that I am not so keen on 4000 Hz.....oh yeah all ranges below and all above were fine but one friggin frequency has slowed me down.

The CMO and I hit it off from the get-go and he recommended a waiver but now said recommendation must go from state ARNG all the way to the friggin Pentagon before I can be sworn in.

That a hoot or what?

The same CMO that can disqualify me on basically anything he wants to can not override that same system with his own waiver.

Bull.

No one could tell my why an MP must be able to consistently pick a 4000 Hz frequency.

Still pluggin!

I am still confident that it will go but it just means a delay.

My ship date was 4 JAN 02
View Quote

Don't be a frigging idiot. Everyone knows that criminal soldiers and Arab terrorists [-!-]have high, squeaky voices around 4000hz frequency that they whisper their nefarious high, squeaky plans to each other. Jeez. I would think you'd be aware of that! [rolleyes]

[:)]

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#2]
4kHz, THE terrorist frequency of choice.
would a bel-tone help?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#5]
its not to late to Go Marine!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.

I am still amazed at this crap.

Like I said............I got the ASVABs and everything else is a go.

Looks like we got the time for getting the waiver out of state down to about a week.............it used to take a minimum of one month...............so that is good.

What we can determine about how the Pentagon is going to handle things will dictate our next actions.

There is a local Congressman that has a very good reputation for taking care of his constituents.....he is well known for listening to peoples problems and getting results (different huh?).........he lives about 30 miles away and both my Uncle and my recruiter know him pretty well..............he has always received a good pro-gun grade from the NRA as well so he is a pretty level-headed type of guy.

If he can speed things up for us then we will enlist his services.

I still think I will make it but it is a scarry thought that my entire choice of career/lifestyle may hang on some jack-hole at the Pentagon.

Shudder shudder shudder!

Will post updates as this advances.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#7]
JOIN MY CORPS!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Huh?
View Quote

You beat me to it. As a wearer of aids, I can relate.

Fred
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Huh?
View Quote

Sorry keeper...............I failed to hear what you said.
Link Posted: 12/16/2001 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/17/2001 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Just don't make the mistake I made.....Never, ever, ever go Army National Guard to active Army.....you'll find ultimately that most guard units are more ready for war then the kindler, gentler active Army. Too much BS and too many politics - you'd still think Klinton was the Commander In Chief - stay Guard.....whatever you do............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top