Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2001 12:45:00 PM EDT
Okay... there is no justification for this little news blast. Bush is really starting to scare me.

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011213/pl/bush_privilege.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
do not question...with us or terorists...extreme times..measures. you may as well have flown those planes into the buildings yourself. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Like anybody believed that I wouldn't post on this....Didn't we think it was bad when SOMEONE said he didn't remember or I don't recall....now
he won't even have to admit that he knew.....IT IS A SECRET!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I just want to know one thing.  Where is "executive privelege" outlined in the Constitution?  Anyone...anyone..? (Imagine Ben Stien's voice)
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Shiny side out!! [:P]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I think he probably did it because most of the morons in office can not keep a secret. They should instead just prosecute people who leak information out that is considered classified.

Ropes
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think he probably did it because most of the morons in office can not keep a secret. They should instead just prosecute people who leak information out that is considered classified.

Ropes
View Quote

No, they should swing from the GALLOWS on the steps of the capitol.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a lot more to this than what either side is saying(sorry to state the obvious).

The Dumbocrats are going to be hard pressed next election season.  Don't forget these idiots watned Al Gore to run the free world..absolute idiots.

I hope at least half of you realize the politics behind this one...
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hope at least half of you realize the politics behind this one...
View Quote

I don't care what the "politics" behind this are.  The President nor the Congress are above the Constitution...period.  We all were pissed off when Klinton used made-up powers...but somehow when GWB does it, it's okay?  I don't think so...

If the Congress can't be trusted with the information, then we have a SERIOUS problem!  Let's prosecute leakers and hang traitors!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just want to know one thing.  Where is "executive privelege" outlined in the Constitution?  Anyone...anyone..? (Imagine Ben Stien's voice)
View Quote

That's what I'm wondering. I checked and I didn't see it. Oh that's right, it is in the penumbra's and emenations of Art. II, divined by our Mighty Men in Robes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If the Congress can't be trusted with the information, then we have a SERIOUS problem!  Let's prosecute leakers and hang traitors!
View Quote

While I agree those that leak should have that consequence, do you think it would really happen?  I don't, since it never happened to Ron "Red" Delums or Senator Lehey for doing it in the past.  In fact if they would probably be thought of as a hero of the left and re-elected.  So we can live in a fantasy world in which the right thing happens.  Or we can live in the real world, and understand they cannot be trusted and act accordingly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same place where the "national security" excuse to bury information embarassing to the administration or damaging to re-election chances came from. Klinton tried to pull "executive priveledge" to keep info about his actions from coming out and the republicans had a shit fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top