BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Chimborazo,
even in the midst of this "heavy" thread I've got to ask if "Pabst Blue Ribbon" is still made ??

(Every time I see your post I mean to ask but always forget.)
View Quote

Is not the sky blue?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
why would anyone choose to be gay?
View Quote

Off the top of my head:
1. It's currently trendy.
2. They have no skilz with Womenz.
3. Can help them advance in certain careers.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:42:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm sorry, but gays generally have a much more cavalier and aggressive attitude toward sex.
View Quote

True, meet an out of the closet gay guy for the first time and he will likely include his sexual prefernece in the introduction. "Hi, I'm Bob, I'm gay." It becomes a badge of honor they wear on their shirtsleeves, their identity.

The equvalent would be if everytime I met someone I said "Hi, I'm AR15fan, I like bleach blonde strippers with giant fake breast and a shaved box". My sexual preference has no place in a polite just met you type conversation, and neither does theirs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The equvalent would be if everytime I met someone I said "Hi, I'm AR15fan, I like bleach blonde strippers with giant fake breast and a shaved box".
View Quote

Just ONE "giant fake breast"? What size is the other one?

Or do you just hang out at the cancer ward?

[shock]

Av.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#6]
When that slowass old lady drives 35 on the interstate and I have the desire to run her ass off the road is it a choice, desireor genetics?

Ropes
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Chimborazo,
even in the midst of this "heavy" thread I've got to ask if "Pabst Blue Ribbon" is still made ??

(Every time I see your post I mean to ask but always forget.)
View Quote

Ahhhh...that delightful nectar known as Pabst Blue Ribbon is still made...mmmmmmmm.....
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally, I'm not afraid of being the object of desire of a gay man.

For the most part, they are wusses and I could kick their *&@ and beat them off, if they ever tried to make a move on me.

But when you mix AIDS into the equation, things change a bit. Noiw we are talking life and death.

If ever we find a "gay" gene, next we need to look for a ....

murder gene

petty larceny gene

tax evasion gene

flatulence gene

male pattern baldness gene

piss and moan gene

exceeding the speed limit gene

welfare gene

laziness gene

That way no one will ever have to be responsible for anything.

Then we can all sit down in peace and harmony, and sing Kumbya and drink wine coolers in a big group hug.

View Quote

How does being gay qualifiy with any of  the other offenses..its not criminal and HIV?AIDS can be transmitted by regular sex.....sorry grandman but that just dosnt make sense.
View Quote

Yes, it does make sense.  Why can genes cause certain actions but not others.  It's not like genes will know if what they cause is illegal.  If you have a gene that supposedly makes you want to stick your dick up other guys asses then why can't there be a gene that causes you to want to be an axe murderer, or wife beater, etc.  Incidentally, I just saw an article stating that racism was NOT caused by genes! How convenient (and PC)!  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#9]
[b]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The urgent matter would be to first isolate the
Religion Gene.
Get rid of these freaks first and we will all be better off.
View Quote
[/b]

[b]Ahhhhh....can't you just feel the tolerance in the air?????[/b]

[}:

View Quote
[/b]

Yeah,I think it has been wafting over from your direction.
View Quote

Hmmmm....YOU were the one using the label "freak" and suggesting extermination.

You.

View Quote
[/b]

Dude,lighten up.Just joking with you,try not to be so gloomy and sensitive.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dude,lighten up.Just joking with you,try not to be so gloomy and sensitive.
View Quote

Dude -

Me?? Gloomy?? Didja notice I was talking about a "farting gene?"

[BD]

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Guys,
Grabing somebody elses crotch with out consent is considered Sexual Harassment, and sometime assault.  Tell the person next time that you are calling the cops, or your lawyer.  I know its going to take a sec to get your bearings after something weird like that, but they should not have this attitude of "I am gay, and I can anything I want because of it."

Gay, straight, everybody should be equal, no special goodies for those that are different, also I don't like the idea of same-sex marriages, adoption, or insurance benefits.

Burn, to answer your question, no, I think its a choice.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Hi, I'm satcong, I like bleach blonde strippers with giant fake breast and a shaved box!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Guys,
Grabing somebody elses crotch with out consent is considered Sexual Harassment, and sometime assault. Tell the person next time that you are calling the cops, or your lawyer.
View Quote

I prefer my response: punching them about eight times in the ear as hard as I can. There can be a price to pay, but the satisfaction lasts a lifetime.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#14]
My belief on the subject is that being gay is not a choice but its a part of your personality.

You are not born with your personality it is formed over the years by all your experiences and actions and reactions to things that happen in your environment.

I can guarantee you that if you took a gay person and somehow reversed the aging process and shrunk it back down to an infant and let me raise it to adulthood in a controlled environment that it would not be gay in the end.

I also believe if you are teaching your children that it is ok to be gay you are raising there chances of becoming gay themselves.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I look at it this way-I never woke up one morning and said "Hmmmm-that girl is really hot. I want to have sex with her." It's just natural to me. I don't think people just wake up and suddenly want to have sex with people of the same gender. I have alot of trouble believing that people suddenly "decide" be gay.

It's not like it matters anyway. I have more important things to worry about than if a guy wants to do another guy.

EDITED FOR GRAMMAR
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My belief on the subject is that being gay is not a choice but its a part of your personality.

You are not born with your personality it is formed over the years by all your experiences and actions and reactions to things that happen in your environment.

I can guarantee you that if you took a gay person and somehow reversed the aging process and shrunk it back down to an infant and let me raise it to adulthood in a controlled environment that it would not be gay in the end.

I also believe if you are teaching your children that it is ok to be gay you are raising there chances of becoming gay themselves.
View Quote

i don't know if i can be convinced. that lesbian i mentioned earlier had a real rough time, because her "gun-toting, redneck" dad tried to raise them all in the most military fashion possible ~ complete with revele (sp?)! they still don't get along, and she told me that he still wonders where he went wrong. yes, her tendencies became known around the age of 13, and he picked up on the "vibes" shortly after, so he tried to "turn" her mind towards a more "normal", female lifestyle any chance he got, apparently it didn't work because environment was not at issue.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:12:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gays are normal people.
View Quote
Bill Bennett was interviewed by a radio talk show host once about homosexuality.  Bennett said, "I've yet to hear from a psychotherapist who had a patient exclaim, 'Doc, I think I'm straight.'"
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#19]
As to being geneticly made up to be gay.....I don't know.  My mom thinks being gay is because of "distant" fathers.  She says that my dad wasn't always interested in what my brother was doing.  He wasn't a super athlete, although he is in so much better shape than I am(he is a big work out freak), wasn't really into hunting, just birds, and wasn't really into guns, unlike me.  Was it because of my dad, I don't know.  My dad is so proud of my brother now, you can't believe it.  At the recent funeral of my grandmother, my dad introduced us to everyone, saying this is my son Jim, and this is my son Jeff, the doctor.  

As for genetics, I remember my brother always the quiet, shy guy.   When he was little, he wanted to be a witch for Halloween.  He liked to play dress-up.  We played guns, fished, hunted, but socially he like to hang out with the girls in middle school.  In high school, he had lots of friends, girls, guys; they all hung out together.  He had several very attractive, popular girlfriends.  One serious enough to even follow him to medical school, but he never seemed that interested in them.  Now, I think he already knew he was gay, but wanted to be straight.  He broke down one day(according to my mom) telling her that if he told her why he was upset, she would hate him.  She told him it was ok, and that she still loved him.  I feel bad because my wife and I used to ask him all the time when he was going to get married, or if he had been out with anyone lately.  He always said work was too demanding right now, and that he didn't have time to meet anyone.  I'll bet that hurt.   I'm sure he was afraid of what I would say.  

So, I just don't know.  Nature or Nurture?  Maybe a little of both?  Here's the last little bit of weirdness for ya......My dad's sister is gay.  One heck of an athlete.  She never got any attention as a kid because my dad and my uncle were super star athletes in school(so the story is told by relatives). She almost made the Olympic team in 80'.  Lots of testosterone in that family.  No one in that family, including my dad has ever acknowledged it.  She and her friend come out to see my dad all the time.

BTW, As for not wanting to talk about his relationship with his friend.  I want to ignore it, but I really haven't.  I offered to pick "them" up at the airport and drive them to my mom's if they flew in for Christmas.  I just don't want to talk about his sex life. His friend is anything but "gay" looking.  He is about 6'3" 210, and built like a brick $hit house.  Very down to earth, loves shooting, and riding motorcycles.  Before I knew, I would never have thought he could be gay.  Pretty cool guy, really.  

Well, you guys can make up your own minds.  I just don't think someone decides to be gay.  Maybe some nurture, and some nature contributes to it.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This story, and the one on the first page of this thread are the reasons I'm very homophobic.
View Quote

[u]From Merriam-Webster.com:[/u]
Main Entry: [b]pho·bia[/b]
Pronunciation: 'fO-bE-&
Function: noun
Etymology: -phobia
Date: 1786
: an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation.

My Mom once called me a homophobe and I explained to her that my aversion to homosexuals is neither exaggerated, inexplicable nor illogical. It's hard-won through difficult, first hand experience. I paid in dear coin to learn what I know on the subject, and I'll do what I can to avoid the situation in the future.

I'm not phobic, I'm knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

i don't know if i can be convinced. that lesbian i mentioned earlier had a real rough time, because her "gun-toting, redneck" dad tried to raise them all in the most military fashion possible ~ complete with revele (sp?)! they still don't get along, and she told me that he still wonders where he went wrong. yes, her tendencies became known around the age of 13, and he picked up on the "vibes" shortly after, so he tried to "turn" her mind towards a more "normal", female lifestyle any chance he got, apparently it didn't work because environment was not at issue.
View Quote

A female being raised by a guntoting redneck dad military style would most likely have boyish tendencies. One of these tendencies being the liking of girls.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#22]
People who are too afraid of being called a homophobe fall victim to the gene fraud. This fraud's sole purpose was to include homosexuals as a racial group so that they can afford affirmative action and other special priveledges. I guess they were jealous of Sharpton and Jackson getting all of the "glory".
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#23]
[b]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Personally, I'm not afraid of being the object of desire of a gay man.

For the most part, they are wusses and I could kick their *&@ and beat them off, if they ever tried to make a move on me.

But when you mix AIDS into the equation, things change a bit. Noiw we are talking life and death.

If ever we find a "gay" gene, next we need to look for a ....

murder gene

petty larceny gene

tax evasion gene

flatulence gene

male pattern baldness gene

piss and moan gene

exceeding the speed limit gene

welfare gene

laziness gene

That way no one will ever have to be responsible for anything.

Then we can all sit down in peace and harmony, and sing Kumbya and drink wine coolers in a big group hug.[/b]

Garandman, You crack me up!

Gay men? Well that's less competition.
Gay women? well now that is less than "stiff" competition!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Gay is a crime in the bible. It sends you to a very hot place.
View Quote

Actually, "gay" is a happy, jovial, carefreee individual. The Bible has no prohibition against these things.

Just like "assault weapon" the term "gay" has been hijacked / remanufactured by Leftists to put a (((((SPIN))))) on things they way they want people to see them.

And "being gay" does NOT send anyone to hell - being an unrepentant sinner does. Which can include a heterosexual as well as it can include a homosexual.

And I don't particularly care for your charachterization of Burn. AT least he read the relevant scriptures, and came to the inescapable conclusion that God calls homosexulaity sin.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thankyou for the Bible lesson. Fags are Demonic pukes.
View Quote

Where does your hate come from, Swatleader10?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My understanding is that they've linked alcoholism to a gene.  Alcoholics, whether genetic or not, tend to drink excessively from the time they start drinking.  This progresses throughout their usage getting worse and worse.  All the same, an alcoholic makes a choice when he takes a drink.  Just because they tend to obsess over alcohol doesn't take that choice away, be it genetic predestination or not.  I speak from experience being in recovery for 9 years.
View Quote

Congrats on the recovery..  I myself will celibrate 9 years Aug 16th of this year.

Ropes
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 9:09:19 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember a few years ago the life expectancy of a multiple partnered homo was around 40 years of age. That is sobering and shows the horrible consequences for those people who choose to act outside of nature, and decide Gods ways are  not for them. Intellectualizing and promoting  unnatural sex as some benign sexual preference or genetic code thing, belies the life threatening consequences of such a lifestyle.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top