Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2001 12:25:01 AM EDT
[img]http://members-http-1.rwc1.sfba.home.net/jeff.hoeft/pics/cj_7219.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I was going to say that this was a great shot.  However, on second thought I figure that there is NO WAY anyone would actually aim for a shot like that.  Therefore all I can say is get back to the range and sharpen up your skills before you mess up a good animal.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Please tell me that this poor animal died instantly!
View Quote

Good shot Cleetus!!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
While it is an [i][b]interesting[/i][/b] shot to say the very very least I must say that your skill is not.

What happened to you man?

Was the animal running or was it just a draw and release kinda thing?

The idea is a clean kill dude............I doubt that was clean at all.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
That's not me! I just picked up the pic from CJ.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What`s your point?.........[stick]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I was responding to X-Kill who must've thought that was me in the pic. I'm not that handsome. [>(]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
"I was aimin' to wound him in the buttocks or any place I could hit him to slow him down, but I done hit him in the haid!!!!  Yuk! Yuk!"

Look at this inbred MF!  An anti-hunter's "DREAM" poster boy!

DaMan

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Please tell me that this poor animal died instantly!
View Quote

If the arrow went through the brain stem, it should have.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If the arrow went through the brain stem, it should have.
View Quote

I'm sure that's where that hick was aimin' fer!

[:P]

DaMan
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
All I got to say about the shot is he did bring the game down and has meat in the freezer.  I have been standing over the back of archers, like an umpire over a catcher, and watch the arrow fly, knowing it's headed for the boiler room and seen the buck cleanly dodge the missile.  You cannot believe how fast (remember the cung-fu episode where he caught the arrows)  these critters are.

That being said it is either incredible skill, or dumb fucking luck, that a head shot brought down an elk
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#11]
This could have always been a staged photo or possibly even a second shot after the animal was already down.

Then again, maybe it was just a terrible shot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
(Assuming this picture is real) If you don't think that an arrow through the head like this is a quick kill you're insane.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
(Assuming this picture is real) If you don't think that an arrow through the head like this is a quick kill you're insane.

View Quote

Sure it's a kill shot, but not a good bow shot. No way in hell any normal person would ever attempt this shot.

I would guess he just jerked his shot really bad....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top