Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2001 9:32:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The Red Sea is supposed to be terrific for scuba diving.

Best part: no other tourists!

My friend's done a lot of diving in the Gulf of Aqaba, accessible from Israel.

I have never heard anything about scuba diving in Spain.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:07:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
No but I have been to Xavier Hollander's party palace in Amsterdam.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:23:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't think the kinds of things you "dive" into there require a regulator!  [;D]
View Quote

True... true... but it did require a wet suit...

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Ummm...since you'll be in their neighborhood you oughta take a day and hop over to Ibiza or Majorca.  Especially if the fiance has other business on the mainland.  You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Never dove it but I was there in July. Was swimming just east of Malaga. The water was pretty cold then.
I hear that there's plenty of wrecks, especially around the straits of Gibraltar. It gets deep real fast. I hear like 400 feet a mile out.
A dive boat did leave from the beach while we were there, so there must be something. Bring your 7mm suit.
BP
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#9]
DK...CB and MK would be fun trips.  Take a lot longer than a day trip to recce the Ibiza beaches.  You're going to love the Costa del Sol.

Last trip to Spain the Bride and I didn't get to spend time on the del Sol beaches but we wanted to.  We were just east of there hunting Ibex in the Alpuharra Mts.  We walked over lots of ground between Motril and Adra.  The hills look just like Hemingway wrote about in The Sun Also Rises.  Snow at your back and Mediterranean at your feet.  It's a pity so many of the old houses are being left empty as the younger generation move to the urban areas.  I think many of these beautiful old places could be bought for a song.

When you're in Malaga it's only 35 miles west down the coast to Marbella.  Another beautiful Spanish coastal town.  Have a bud who did startup on a gas-fired generation plant at Marbella a few years ago and he really liked it.  But then you have to go on to Gibraltar so...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top