User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 12:09:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
[b]
Quoted:

One place I worked for was selling dope out of the main office, the closers would come in wearing sunglasses all day because they were stoned, and there was one secretary that liked to give head in front of open windows. One week after they canned me for having a conscience, the owners skipped town leaving the employees unpaid.
View Quote
[/b]

So did you get any action from that secretary?
View Quote

No. She was just going after the management types because I think they were giving her drugs in exchange. There was this one skank that talked me into giving her a ride home, but didn't tell me that her mullet head bf was coming along too.

I really hated that job and just about everyone that worked there. It is true that turnover rate at those telemarketing places was high. If the new employees could make it through the first day, on average they lasted about 1 or 2 weeks. One other trait that telemarketers have is that they are chain smokers. There were times in the boiler room that the smoke was so thick it looked like someone turned on a fog machine. I never smoked but when I got a cold, it hung on for weeks because of all that crap I was breathing in.

After going through 2 years of phone sales crap I vowed never to work in a phone room ever again, even though I was making around $200 in commissions per 5 hour shift. Even though it happened a long time ago, I still feel bad about ripping off all those old people.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[b][red][size=5]You HAVE to Listen To This One ![/b][/red][/size=5]

[url]web-comm.com/ar15/audio/cemetary.mp3[/url]
View Quote

[size=5][b]ROFL![/b][/size=5]

At first he's genuinely concerned, but the MOMENT any interest is expressed.  "Well, if I could have the papwerwork out to you this afternoon..?"
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]I only have you guys to blame[/b]

I got a telemarketer last night.  Per the advice on this thread I told them that my wife had passed away that morning.

Then she said who she was:  the cable company!  And they're going to update their computers to show that the subscriber (my wife) is now deceased!!!!!

Anyone know of any good dish deals?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 7:42:24 AM EDT
[#5]
You're a better man than I am. They beat me. I got another phone line for business only calls and have been just barraged with telemarketers - two dozen calls a day at least. The law says they have to take you off their list if you ask them, but after six months with no diminishment I threw in the towel. I got the low-down from one of them that the lady who had the number before me was on a lot of these lists. She was very lonely and seemed to like them!

Anyway, it took me a while to get the line so I now only use it as an answering machine (with the ringer off) and to dial out for pizza :)
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:58:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I told the lady trying to sell me a caller ID box that I didn't have a telephone.  When she asked how we were talking, I told her she was one of the voices in my head. Click!

Lately, I get the company name, TM name and address and then advise them that there's a twenty dollar per minute fee for being telemarketed at my house, will you accept the charges?  Click!

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys, while messing with these idiots IS fun, it is also completely controllable.  Just get Privacy Director from your phone company!  It shunts ALL unidentified callers, and 99% of these jackasses are unidentified, into a deal where they have to identify themselves i/o to continue.  I got this like well over a year ago, and not ONE telemarketing call to date!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Listen, Goet.  Just phone them up, and tell them you were mistaken.

"It happens all the time."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top