Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/10/2001 8:01:36 PM EDT
Well I've been seeing a lot of news clips with the USMC cleaning their M4/M16's diligently and/or wrapping them in cloth to keep the sand away and preventing them from jamming. I heard one of the Marines saying "My rifle is clean and properly lubricated, I will never jam" On the other side I don't recall ever seeing any of the Afghans cleaning their rifles. On a saving grace for the M16/M4. I have a friend of mine that was in the Marines during the Gulf War. He had told me that his unit went for 2 weeks without cleaning their M16 A2's without one ever jamming. They were told to over lubricate it with Break Free and he said that the fine sand just slid right off. He did say that they made sure to have the ejection port shut when not in use. Do you think there will ever be any published comparison between the 2 rifles?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:08:33 PM EDT
... I used to keep an FN-FNC folder completely dry and lubed with Chrome-Molybdenum powder only. ... She thought dust was a cousin!
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:11:26 PM EDT
Tonight on Fox, Geraldo made a point of noting that the Northern Alliance fighters were filthy and covered in dirt all the time and yet also mentioned that their AKs were kept extremely clean. He mentioned the fighters are constantly cleaning their weapons and that they are kept spotless. They forgo personal hygiene but never let their weapons go without constant cleaning.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:20:06 PM EDT
Especially when your way of life is making sure your weapon works all the time. Hygine is optional, a working weapon is not. Av.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:22:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Avalon01: Especially when your way of life is making sure your weapon works all the time. Hygine is optional, a working weapon is not. Av.
View Quote
Ain't that the truth!!!
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:39:51 PM EDT
Hygine is optional, a working weapon is not.
View Quote
Oh, Afghanistan? For a minute, I thought you guys were talking about gun shows.z
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:22:59 AM EDT
zoom - LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Top Top