Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 4:36:29 PM EDT
Weird?

Make's Vince Foster's accident seem normal!

Gunman in Indiana factory shootings had four self-inflicted wounds says Coroner
Updated: Sun, Dec 09 7:51 PM EST
GOSHEN, Ind. (AP) - A gunman who shot seven of his factory co-workers also shot himself four times with his 12-gauge shotgun before dying, according to the coroner. Robert Wissman had two wounds to the head, one to his neck and a chest wound, Coroner Jeff Landrum said Saturday.
Landrum ruled Wissman's death on Thursday a suicide but acknowledged his findings might cause some to wonder how a person could survive three shots before firing the last one.

"If I felt more evidence was needed, I would say so or say the investigation was pending," Landrum said.

Wissman went on the shooting spree Thursday afternoon, several hours after he had quarrelled with another employee over a female co-worker, police said. Greg Oswald, the plant manager of Nu-Wood Decorative Millwork, died in the rampage.

Of the six others wounded, Rosario Rodriguez, 27, remained in critical condition Sunday and Kaestner K. Richard, 52, was in fair condition, both suffering head wounds. Michelle Morgan, who is three months pregnant, was in fair condition in hospital Sunday with wounds to the hip and hand.

The three others injured have been released from the hospital.

Nu-Wood is expected to resume operations Monday morning, but employees will be given time off to attend Oswald's funeral Tuesday.

Wissman's funeral also will be on Tuesday.

"I don't know who is going to that," said Ed Rutledge, production manager at Nu-Wood. "I definitely will be there."

Friends and colleagues began noticing changes in Wissman's behaviour days before the shooting. They believe it was brought on by his involvement in a love triangle.

A prayer gathering is also planned before the factory reopens.

"We just want to try to get everybody in there and try to get everybody back into our routine," said Rutledge. "I've already gone back. I've already been in there, and it's very hard. It's going to be hard for everybody."

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
What the hell was this guy using a .410 with low power rock salt reloads?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
4?  Damn.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Steel Shot. All of us who duck hunt know.

LMAO, sometimes I crack me up.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If it wasn't suicide....I'd call it talent....WTF?! This perp had to have been on some drugs.....  
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
He DID have the gun loaded with birdshot...
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Steel Shot. All of us who duck hunt know.

LMAO, sometimes I crack me up.
View Quote

I believe we have a winner
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard of a guy that broke into a garage and stole some stuff but commited suicide before he got off the property. Felt bad about it I guess. Shot himself 4 times in the back with a Winchester 30-30. Sheriff said it was the worst case of suicide he'd ever seen.[shock]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I did that once, 'cept it was only to impress some girls, I didn't kill anybody cause that kinda turns chicks off.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

i dont see as how it would matter, at self inflicted range
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Four shots to the head before dying? The shotgun must have been a Benelli. I knew they were fast but damn that's one even Tom Knapp would have trouble topping.

Jerry

Yes it is funny.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I take it you have never been to the gunshot section of [url]www.rotten.com[/url]?

The projectiles only make a opening. What is devistating about a shotgun at contact range is the muzzle gas being forced into the wound as well. His head should have been exploded at the first try.

Sumtin fishy here.

Although it does save the problem of a trial.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Here Rick.  This is what a shotgun at contact range does to a head.

[url]http://coke.rotten.com/shot-au/[/url]

No it doesn't link directly to the picts but you can find them from there.

I am afraid they might pull this one, but people gots to know why that coroner is brain dead himself.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

[url]http://coke.rotten.com/shot-au/[/url]

View Quote

OOOHH  That's Nasty
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

[URL]coke.rotten.com/shot-au/[/URL]

View Quote

He did that to himself 4 times?!?!?!  Anybody check to make sure he's not a terminator?

[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#15]
i agree that something is fishy here.

my hypothesys is that a co-worker may have had time and consience to goto his car and get his own shotgun, therby ending the rampage prematurely..  

of course they will try to cover this up, god forbid they prove us right.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Dude mustof had it on full auto.

lol

R35
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, right!  And I'm a f****** astronaut!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top