Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 4:34:35 PM EDT
I just got back from shooting at Texoma Gun Clubs new indoor range in Sherman. Man is that place nice. The targets are completely programmable to run back and forth to desired distances at whatever time intervals desired and can be set to turn from side view to broadside for whatever time you want.

For example, you could have the target programed to run out to 20ft turn broadside for 5 seconds then turn sideways and run out to 40 feet and turn broadside for 2 seconds etc..

It's a lot nicer than The Bullet Trap in Plano though not as many lanes and the sales area is smaller. It's got 10 lanes and the range goes out to 50 feet. Pistol caliber rifles and .22LR are allowed but no rifle calibers[:(]

If you get a chance get over there and try it out. They just opened today and are supposed to be doing some small finishing touches on the range in the morning so if you go make it tomorrow afternoon.

Hope to meet some of yall there sometime!

[url]www.texomagunclub.com[/url]

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like it gonna be good. I understand the rifle range will be built next. It's going to be 100 yards long and the plan was (is) for it to be built underground. From the web site it looks like it may be a little too pricey for my blood but I know I'll still shoot there some.

The range is owned by a retired DPS Trooper and his son. I took my CHL renewal two years ago from them and they are top notch folks. Hope they have a long and successful run.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I just hope that they don't mandate shooting from a bench at the rifle ranges.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Last time I talked to Lloyd about the rifle range he was thinking of something similar to what Bass Pro has. A single tube mostly just to sight rifles in and what not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top