Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:51:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
ShortyAK
I hear ya I have only about $4000 into my home theater, but I love it!  If you want a great sub get the Definitve Tech PF15TL for $599.  It will rock your world!!!  Or if you want better looks the PF1500TL is the same thing with black piano gloss top and trim.  It's a 15" sub with a 325 watt amp and it will rattle the foundation, but it's a GREAT price!!

My hobbies: Guns, Home Theater, Paintball, and volleyball.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]

I laugh anytime I hear they bought anything made by Bang & Olufson. Most of their products are junk.
View Quote

True, so true.  Looks cool...sounds like crap...WAY too expensive.

I've been into the home theater since 1997.  It is expensive to enter.  But, I haven't spent much since my initial outlay.  At that time I bought a $2500 set of Klipsch speakers, a Pioneer DVD/LD player, and a Yamaha DD reciever.  The whole setup was about $5000.  The trick is to get the most bang for your buck and not go overboard with stuff you don't really need.

Unfortunately, I am also into cars.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#4]
WWII reenacting may be expensive, but Civil War reenacting is pretty pricey, too.  Consider that a basic infantryman will need to put out roughly $1000 for starters.  A full-blown artillery piece and accessories will cost you around $25000-30000 plus a couple of dualies, trailers, and 6 horses.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
G-SHooter -

Wait till you get a hankering for a WW2 battleship. I hear they are pretty pricey too!!!!!

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#6]
What giant scale R/C model aircraft?
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Somebody here was asking about Subwoofers.  Go listen to the Boston Acoustics 12".

I like rattling my spine.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget your tweeters
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 10:52:18 AM EDT
[#9]
hehehe....I have to admit, most of what I was thinking through this thread, at least on the home audio part of it was...'you've got to be kidding me'.

But in the wrong direction. My brother is into the high end audio. High end as in he spends more on a single component than what most people were listing their ENTIRE system was worth. I lost track of his current system when he hit $120k. That doesn't count all the replaced components either. Nor does it count the Home Theater projection system. Hey, more power to him if he can afford it...

EricTheHun -
I ask them, why? Only your dog can tell the diff!
View Quote

I used to feel the same way, until I listened to some of the higher end systems. Not anymore. It's a damn huge difference, and you can tell. It really is like the difference between listening to an cd and actually listening to an artist live in a small venue. I listened to some of my bro's blues CD's...and you could literally tell exactly where each instrument was positioned, where each artist was located, the sound was that precisely reproduced. Insane.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#10]
The most effective invention for the dissipation of wealth since women:  Horses.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top