Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/8/2001 5:53:03 PM EDT
This news sounds to good to be true... Mullah Omar captured, held near Kandahar: press Posted: 7:10 PM | December 08, 2001 By Agence France-Presse LONDON – The spiritual leader of the Taliban, Mullah Omar Mohammad, has been captured and is being held near Kandahar in southern Afghanistan, British media reported on Saturday. Khaled Pastoon, a spokesman for an anti-Taliban faction, said Omar was being detained in a "friendly environment" by a local warlord regarded as supportive of the hardline Islamic militia, the Times newspaper said. The BBC said the warlord was former mujahedeen commander Mullah Naqibullah, who was appointed provincial chief in Kandahar after the Taliban withdrew. Omar's fate was to be decided on Saturday morning, said Pashtoon, a spokesman for the former governor of Kandahar province, Gulazha Sherzai. Sherzai, a Pashtun warlord, heads one of the tribal forces that took part in the battle to oust the Taliban from Kandahar, their last stronghold, the Times said. Kandahar was taken over by anti-Taliban mujahedin as part of a deal brokered by Pashtun royalist Hamid Karzai, who has been chosen to head Afghanistan's new interim government.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:02:33 PM EDT
Wonder if Omar has ever been on an aircraft carrier?[IMG]http://cwm.mengi.net/s/otn/wink/thumb.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:31:48 PM EDT
Confirmation would be nice. Linkage please?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 9:46:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By toaster: Confirmation would be nice. Linkage please?
View Quote
Well, I found it here. [url]http://www.inq7.net/brk/2001/dec/08/brkafp_11-1.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:11:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2001 6:18:11 AM EDT by warlord]
Osama Bin Laden, you're next!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 10:27:35 PM EDT
He's being detained in a "friendly enviroment". I hope we just go in and take him. If we end up negotiating with this a**hole warlord for custody, I'm going to puke.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 1:24:30 AM EDT
Simply take him out back the gaol, A quick burst of rds to his torso, hack off his head, put it in a bag, and transport to friendly ground, then thru DNA prove its him. No trial, no political corectiveness, just prove its him, and cremate whats left without publicity, as he never existed. Wankers like this bloke deserve nothing but a fart in the wind! As for Usama, I reckon he is shitting his dress he wears, and prays to his Allah for nothing. Soon he will surface dead or alive, but one thing for sure as a coward and a murderer. He deserves the same fate as his mate Omar! 1feral1 Sydney
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:34:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1feral1: Simply take him out back the gaol, A quick burst of rds to his torso, hack off his head, put it in a bag, and transport to friendly ground, then thru DNA prove its him.
View Quote
If Bin Laden was tried and found guilty for murder in an Islamic court, severing the head would be his fate. BUT if the Brits find him first they are objecting to the execution sentence [url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/europe/12/09/ret.uk.laden/index.html[/url] "LONDON, England -- Britain would hand over terror suspect Osama bin Laden for trial in the United States only if assurances were given that he would not face the death penalty, UK Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon says" -- SEE LINK FOR COMPLETE STORY --
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:59:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:26:02 AM EDT
M. Woody, I've checked the cable news channels and they are still reporting M.M.Omar as on the run - wounded and treated in a hospital then left and is living in vehicles while he "recovers." Maybe only the fog of war is alive and well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:35:15 AM EDT
Why should we take prisoners? Shoot them all. Can you imagine the disgraceful and absurd "O.J." type of trial that would ensue if we brought them back alive?
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:41:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By majorwoody: This news sounds to good to be true... Mullah Omar captured, held near Kandahar: press Posted: 7:10 PM | December 08, 2001 By Agence France-Presse
View Quote
I think it is "too good to be true". I have seen no other source confirming this. And it should be BIG NEWS, if it were true. DaMan
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 7:53:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/9/2001 7:46:48 AM EDT by 5subslr5]
I SAY AGAIN: 1) M.M. Omar was wounded in a shoot-out. 2) M.M. Omar was taken to a hospital. 3) M.M. Omar's location was ratted out. 4) M.M. Omar departed the hospital before the anti Talib's arrived. 5) M.M. Omar is moving about in a vehicle and has been spotted several times. Out.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 12:33:55 AM EDT
Whats with those Pommy bastards? They don't want Usama to have the death penalty? What a pack of fuckwhits. Its plain and simple, just kill him 'in country', and don't listen to a bunch of stupid fucken Englishmen! 1feral1 Sydney
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 2:25:59 AM EDT
If either of these cowards stand trial in the US, I suggest their attorneys hire a platoon of bodyguards; good ones. Eddie
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 3:13:29 AM EDT
It will be the worst mistake the US makes in this whole affair if it thinks it can try Bin Ladin, Omar, and the rest of those rats anywhere but a military tribunal in some foreign post. Why not just leave them to Islamic justice - surely our newly-found Northern Alliance allies will understand what must be done. I mean, after all, we have just won their very un-civil war for them - they went from being a cold, huddled mass of confusion occupying a mere 10% of the land, to the undisputed rulers of all of that land! Any gratuity they wish to show US, should take the form of applying standard Islamic justice to someone who has murdered 3-4,000 innocent men, women, and children, such as Bin Ladin. And someone accused of assisting the murderer in his act, and hiding him thereafter, such as Omar. Eric The(BesidesTheGuiltyCanBeSparedThePorkBloodba­thIfTheAfghansArePermittedToDoTheJob,SoThere'­sSomethingInItForThem,Too)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 4:15:34 AM EDT
All major US media still reporting him on the run this am.
Top Top