Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2001 4:53:05 PM EDT
Saw Ocean's Eleven last night, which actually turned out to be a pretty good movie.  

But it heavily overshadowed by the trailer for BH Down.  I was really afraid that they were going to mess up this great story, but by the looks of the trailer, that did it justice.

The trailer was unfooking-believeable!  To anyone that read the book, you can imagine that there are some great fighting scenes, and that's what I saw.  The gear and guns look authentic as well as the choppers (provided by the military I believe).  One of the best looking scenes they showed is a clip of a Little Bird dropping down to the streets with the Delta operators on the side.

I was in such awe at the trailer, that I missed the release date!  Anyone know when it comes out?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've read the book and seen the trailer also.
I think it comes out Jan 18th.
The producers were so well pleased with the movie, they moved it up from March, to see if it can win an Academy Award for cinematography.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I went and saw Behind Enemy Lines this past Wednesday and saw the trailer for Blackhawk Down.  It looks awesome but it just said coming soon on the preview not a specific date.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
http://upcomingmovies.com/
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn.....the trailer was supposed to play before
the SPY GAME movie but it did'nt. I hope I catch it with Behind Enemy Lines.
I believe TFR in Mog on Oct 3 1993 engaged in the
greatest U.S. military firefight in the last 20
or so years. Incredible book.
I can't begin to imagine what those young
men endured.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#5]
That movie will kick ass. I just hope they don't screw around with it by twisting around the story, or adding unneccesary filler or fabricated scenes/events, as hollywood is famous for. I've only flipped threw the book at Borders but it looked pretty cool from what I read.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top