[#2]
LT, remember, you're close enough for me to reach! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
glad to be back along with STEYRAUG

here's to ya goatboy!

[beer]

Quoted:
The past few days I have engaged both Steyr and Shooter65 in email discussions concerning their being banned. While I do not condone the actions of other of these guys (spamming, even in a joking manner, or attacking another member verbally) we've come to understand each others points of view.

In the end, what's important is that we all work together to keep things running smooth. I don't mind working harder to ADD to your experiences, but by making me work harder to clean up after you is not high on my list. In fact, by doing so you're not only hurting the site, but those around you who help make it what it is.

As these two have come to see that fact, I hope that all of you do the same.

Finally, there is a right way and a wrong way to deal with issues. Coming to me to get facts BEFORE a meltdown usually will do you right. I am always available, although many times SLOW to respond, and will do what I can for everyone here.

[i]For those of you who haven't seen the new ConductCode, please make sure to check on it, a few changes were added and made clear.[/i]
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank God, I'm unlocked again.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I just have to say that doing it GB's way (when there is a problem with a thread) works. Here's my experience:

I was following the "SWAT teams are worthless" thread, and Tippie locked it. Now, I could have made a post whinning "Why was this locked? You stupid (bleep)(bleep)(bleeping) moderators are nazis!", etc, etc. Instead, I emailed Tippie, explained my position, and asked him nicely to unlock it. He did, on certain conditions though.

That is how things should work. If you have a problem with a thread being locked, send an email to the mod who locked it. Ask why it was locked and if you want, explain to him in a nice, calm fashion why you think it should be unlocked. Regardless of whether he unlocks it or not, he'll give you why it was locked. This serves to find temper emotions, and stops people from jumping to the wrong conclusions. It also keeps things a little less crazy around here. Don't jump the cuff, and yelling and calling names only serves to solidify there position. And you may understand why it was locked, and may even agree with it. We need to be more friendly around here.

Edited to add:

Forgot to say Here's to Tippie!
[beer]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:36:21 PM EDT
[#7]
i guess we have all learned a little ar15.com etiquette throughout this entire fiasco.

[beer]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome back guys! [beer]
goatboy, why the change of heart? Was their a higher power at work here?[:D] dont get me wrong, I'm glad to see the guys back but no slap on the hand? would have been fun to watch them get their post count back up.[:)] This ones for you goatboy[beer]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#9]
|
|
|
V
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
|
|
|
V
View Quote

Sure looks that way...[IMG]http://cwm.mengi.net/s/contrib/aahmed/sad.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#11]
I think you guys misunderstood me with my downward arrow. I am merely pointing out my "Free STEYRAug" Sig line. Not saying that this site is going downhill. Although a lil eye candy is good for morale every now and again.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
...we've come to understand each others points of view.

In the end, what's important is that we all work together...
View Quote

I knew it! YOU were the one on Oprah with Dr. Phil!
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#13]
OH MY GOD!!!!!...........[puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top