Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2001 11:44:24 AM EDT
Break news.

Ok there is some crazy shit going on today.

We have Ted Kennedy and Diane Feinstein in front of the entire nation grilling Ashcroft, they claim that terrorists had manuals on how to buy firearms in the US and have this "new proposal" that they would want implimented which includes a "Universal" background check.

Then some nut job drives to the Whitehouse and walks around with a knife. When the Secret Service approach him he calmly tells them that he has guns in his truck. Of which one is an "assault weapon", one is a "sniper rifle", and one is a handgun.

Now we have a huge mass killing in the work place, with up to 35 people shot. Which just happens to be in a Class 3 and CCW state.

Either all the freaks decided to come out today, or something else is going on.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:46:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw it on CNN, and the "gunman is still on the loose".  Here we go again.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
No confirmation on the as many 35 people shot as CNN says. I will keep watch.

Six
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Great.  Hope this doesn't stir up a shitstorm with the Anti's... though it probably will.  

Gee, if just one of the supposed 35 victims or someone else in the office were armed... well, we know the drill...

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
nothing to see here, just a coincidence, move along folks...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
nothing to see here, just a coincidence, move along folks...
View Quote

"We prefer the name Chicken LOVER in front of the childres, Miss Mayor"
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#6]
As much as crap like this sucks, if they are going to do it, then I hope it is a shotgun.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it a full moon tonight?

Six
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll almost guarantee that the Indiana business park was a "gun free workplace". But yeah, here come the big mag evil rifle bans.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
As much as crap like this sucks, if they are going to do it, then I hope it is a shotgun.
View Quote

I hope it was a full-auto MP5 stolen from a police arsenal.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I hope this isn't terrorist related.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope it was a full-auto MP5 stolen from a police arsenal.
View Quote

Why?  It would just be used to help prove why they don't need Class 3 weapons in the hands of normal citizens.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
30 people hit, as of yet no fatalities and reports that it was a shotgun.  Let's hope it was a pump action shotgun with something like #7 shot.  That would account for the large number of inguries and fatalities.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope it was a terrorist with a illegaly imported ak that came throught border patrol, and the confusion over 1 or more shooters is because someone capped him. If that was true, it supports both tighter border control, tigher immagration and CCW :)
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope it was a Perazzi double, the firearm of choice among the 'Sensible gun cuntrol is necessary' gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Peachy.

Now why don't these bastards try something like that in MY area?

QS
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:16:57 PM EDT
[#17]
The thing is, it doesn't matter what was used.  It will be used to fuel the antis on one of their many crusades.  My guess is this one will be used to enact legislation on background checks to get past the "gunshow loophole."

It wouldn't matter if it was a rubber band gun, it would be used in some way to demonize gun owners.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Peachy.

Now why don't these bastards try something like that in MY area?

QS
View Quote

Just once, I want one of these bastards to not take their own life and say something like "I knew it was an unarmed area and that I could get away with it because no one could stop me."

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#19]
...i've always said hoosiers are just a little bit nuts...its the winters...over cast, cold windy rain...just makes 'em snap.  

this should go over great...as gun friendly and indiana is, this is bound to bring up some stupid anti-gun legistlation.  well i could always move to kentucky...sloth
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#20]
humor below
Who here from AR15 lives near this?  Might this be a 'Clinton' to distract our problems here at AR15 to something else?  heh.

serious now...

Anyone know if there are any web sites streaming the police tac frequency?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#21]
We are soooooooo screwed.  No more guns for us.[V]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#22]
This is bound to start the anti's hollering.
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,40271,00.html[/url]

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Just once, I would like someone with clout to go on National TV and say "We should ban airplanes and boxcutters" in response to the Feinsweins and Schumers...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Well here we go again is right.You know I came accross that puke Bill Maher while channel surfing last night and his "group" of guest's were talking about the 2nd and gun shows and I thought why are they discussing this topic when all has been so quiet lately.Guess it couldn't last.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:36:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Goshen is about 2 hours north of here..but you bet Mrs.QS and I will be glued to the TV tonight.

Gun control doesn't go real big here in Indiana.

QS
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#27]
actually, it is sort of spooky. people i know who are normally level-headed are panicky over the smallest things, and weird stuff is going on all over.
i think it's a combination of residual 9-11 stress, a stumbling economy (lots of folks are out of work), general winter light-deprivation depression and a full moon. (that, and no botd)
everyone go out and buy grow lights, ok?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#28]
F**K, here we go again is right.
why don't these morons use baseball bats or rocks.  

tons more BS now on the way.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Stand UP"
"Hook UP"
"Check Equipment"
"Sound off for equip. check!"
"Stand in the door"
"GO"

Hey! [b]11H1P [/b]
What the heck happened to:
[b]1) Get Ready![/b]
View Quote

Character limit (grumble grumble)
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are soooooooo screwed.  No more guns for us.[V]
View Quote

You can't afford anymore anyway - now that you're buying a house [:D]
View Quote

Good point.  Crap.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey, guess what? Only CNN is covering this live.

MSNBC and Fox are sticking with Afganistan and are mentioning it only on their tickers.

Even though a NBC affiliate is providing the helicopter footage for CNN.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stand UP"
"Hook UP"
"Check Equipment"
"Stand in the door"
"GO"

Hey! [b]11H1P [/b]
[b]1) Get Ready![/b]
View Quote

Or "Check Static Lines!" ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stand UP"
"Hook UP"
"Check Equipment"
"Stand in the door"
"GO"

Hey! [b]11H1P [/b]
[b]1) Get Ready![/b]
View Quote

Or "Check Static Lines!" ?
View Quote

[b]DAMNED CHARACTER LIMIT!!!![/b]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:51:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Oops spoke to soon.

MSNBC just went there, Police just made entry, suspect appears to have taken own life.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:52:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:02:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Sorry 11H1P.....

Back away from the keyboard and slowly put the evil black rifle down... [:O)]

Just messing with you...

I was B Co 4/325 84-87 you ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sorry 11H1P.....

Back away from the keyboard and slowly put the evil black rifle down... [:O)]

Just messing with you...

I was B Co 4/325 84-87 you ?
View Quote

D Co 2/505 86-89

Working on getting in to one of the D Co. in the 325 (not sure which Bn by BT/AIT/BAT buddy is 1SG of)
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#39]
...and the black rifle is NOT evil, only the intent of the user. 'Tis but a tool, after all...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:38:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Let's not all get too worked up about this. Now would be the time to look at things with the calm and common sense approach that John McCain has been demonstrating all along.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Hold on to your Assholes, here come the Anti terrorist gun legislation...
What do they need passed this time?  What is on the books pending?

BISHOP
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#42]
If I'm following things correctly, the guy was pissed because he was fired. He goes home or ????? and gets a shotgun. He comes back and is walking into the building. The guy behind him, (who will be referred to henceforth as "Asshole")sees whats going to happen and runs and promptly calls his wife(maybe she was a sniper or something.) Several people are shot.
Local SWAT as well as teams from the surrounding area show up, wait a few hours, and go in. I would bet the one critical case was from blood loss, and we're lucky more didn't die. Somebody will get a medal for this one I guarantee. They are allready calling them heroes.[puke] What we should be banning is the use of our tax money to buy new toys for cops who will never use them. I say the state should supply everybody with a vest and a Glock 27. And asshole #1 should be beaten for his lack of concern for his fellow workers. Then again this is from CNN so who knows what really happened?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I just hope this s### doesn't get blown out of proportion like most cases involving a lunatic with a firearm....hell, if he/she had a chainsaw, butter knife, or pick-ax it would be perfectly acceptable behavior for the media....

We need LESS gun control legislation. I spend at least 11 months out of the year stationed in Germany - we do not NEED European gun laws! Ever. It is accepted in some areas that buying any firearm will require a level of paperwork equivalent to Class II/III weapons here in the States. I also disagree with the NFA and Gun Control Act of 1968 but imagine months of paperwork, taxes, licensing, etc to buy so much as a .22lr target rifle on up....It's insane...My sympathies go out to people living in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, People's Republic of New Jersey, or those cities which ignore the 2nd Amendment's relativism.     [USA]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#44]
On top of other workplace violence there was a HS kid who stabbed a councilor in Springfield, MA yesterday. Plus the BS that went on in New Bedford, MA.

We’re going to get the short end of the stick on this one, buy up while you can.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Sens Kennedy and Feinstein could care a rat's a$$ about your safety or my safety.  You can see it when "they" tried to pass more gun control laws after the Columbine HS massacre.  Those folks couldn't climb over the dead bodies of Columbine fast enough to further their own political agenda. They should be given an Academy Award for best actor/actress.

"Every good Communist should know that political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. The Communist party must control the guns"
-Mao Tse Tung
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#46]
So, as one of the witnesses that reported that it was an "automatic" weapon, the LEOs should be able to quickly show which Class II/III holder this was?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#47]
I can just see the "s" moveing in rapid order in the direction of "tf". here we go again.

i will lay odds that this was one of those "gun free" workplaces. would explain the inability of the victims to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#48]
It was FIVE people wounded, not 35, with a shotgun and bird shot.

The media just stuck their foot in it this time, somone should strike now while the anvil is hot.

Where is Wayne and Chuckie when you need them?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Well, I live about 6 miles from the plant and I'll tell you, it was really making me think. I drive by the place at least once a week and if I really think about it, I possibly know a few people who work there.
To see the helicopters flying around while I'm heading home and all the cops and ambulances running around was sobering to say the least.

Something that is really sticking in my mind right now is how the emergency personnel reacted to this. There were ambulances from other counties and cities pouring in there when they heard what was going on. I know for a fact that all the neighboring hospitals were put on alert and ready to help. They deserve a really big hand.
It was pretty intense especially because they didn't know where the guy had gotten to after the event. They locked all the schools  and businesses down for about 4 hours in that area.
I'm sure that gun owners around here are gonna get black eyes from this one. Goshen isn't exactly a gun friendly town. City ordinances require CCWs to get letters of endorcements to get their permits. The fairgrounds kicked gun shows out because of pressure put on the fair board by the local Mennonite college (Goshen College)and it always seems like there are "peace protests" at the college.

Sorry folks, I got carried away, but I though I would help to know some background info.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#50]
It's times like these that I know I am right to carry at work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top