Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had similar thoughts regarding it.

My problem is he used to be "Mike Venturino".  Now he's Mike "Duke" Venturino and I have seen him refer to himself as "duke".

I reminds me of when george gives himself the name "T-Bone".  You can't give yourself a nickname.

BO-BO! BO-BO! BO-BO!

a classic seinfeld.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Venturino got the nickname "Duke" because he had a horse by that name.

I now return you to you regularly scheduled stupidity.

do you put your nickname in your email address or in anything you write?

I didn't think so.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
"Lighten up Francis"
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Venturino?  Honestly, I thought he was dead.  Quite a long time ago actually.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DUKE is the Rosie O'Donnell of the gun industry.

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.
Ayoob may not be my favorite writer but he is nothing like Geraldo.

He's a duche just like Geraldo.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Jerry Rivers is a TURD, the "Duke" don't bother me at all
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

You have to be a tremendous douche to walk in Jerry's footsteps and Ayoob just isn't there IMO. What is it that you hate about him so much?
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I seem to recall an issue in which a reader wrote in, complaining of his use of the name "Duke". His response was that it was a nickname given to him a long time ago, and he now uses it as a sort of "nom de plume".

That being said, I'm not overly thrilled with the state of G&A lately. They recycle the same material and hearsay that they have been spouting for years. I don't believe they have any writers on staff anymore who have "seen the elephant" so to speak. They're mostly a bunch of buddies who write about guns.

I still enjoy Handgunner, though. Connor is fun to read, and his oft-photographed redhead daughter is mind-numbingly gorgoeous. Nagata's photos are incredible, and the articles are more geared towards equipment selection and review than most other mags. That is not to say it doesn't have its shortcomings, but overall it's a fun read. The last issue had a piece about a Cylinder and Slide custom-made 1903 chambered in .45ACP. Cool stuff.

Prove it.  With pics.

Left side of the page here.

HA.

I'm pretty sure I took her to home-coming. Been at least a year since I talked to her though.

Dayum!  I thought Boddington's daughter was cute!
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

You have to be a tremendous douche to walk in Jerry's footsteps and Ayoob just isn't there IMO. What is it that you hate about him so much?

I hate his pontification about using handloads for self defense.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#12]
This is why I don't read any gun rags.  ARFCOM GD has more accurate firearms information than most of the magazines do.  And we all know what a cesspool GD can be...  
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nice rant. I could almost see the flecks of spit flying from your lips. Well done.

The OP should take this as high praise, coming as it does from a master of the genre.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
John Wayne was a homosexual.
Provide some evidence.

His best friend was Rock Hudson.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

The man's legal expertise is practically unmatched in the gun-writer community... and that one admonition of his regarding handloads makes him a tremendous douche?

A piece of advice: don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

+100

He does have the GunLaws down, but otherwise is out of his lane regarding equipment, tactics, and firearms. I saw him at NTI one year.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
John Wayne was a homosexual.
Provide some evidence.

His best friend was Rock Hudson.
Is that all you've got?

Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

The man's legal expertise is practically unmatched in the gun-writer community... and that one admonition of his regarding handloads makes him a tremendous douche?

His expertise lies in use of force, not admissibility of evidence. He is neither an attorney not a forensic pathologist. Yet he talks like he's both and a cop on top of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice rant
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

His expertise lies in use of force, not admissibility of evidence. He is neither an attorney not a forensic pathologist. Yet he talks like he's both and a cop on top of it.
He is a part time cop, or at least he was when he was in NH. I think he's in Florida now.

I don't recall seeing him mention what evidnce was admissable. I have seen articles where he analyzed cases like the Fish case in Arizona where weapon and ammo choice played a big part in the prosecution's case and the jury's decision.

I'm pretty far from being an Ayoob supporter but he is probably the most qualified gunwriter out there when it comes to this subject.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:36:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Say what you want about Ayoob.  The man can flat out shoot.  I never personally shot with him, but I know some damn good shooters that have.  They said the man would talk you into a stupor, but the man could cut centers all day long.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

He is a part time cop, or at least he was when he was in NH. I think he's in Florida now.

I don't recall seeing him mention what evidnce was admissable. I have seen articles where he analyzed cases like the Fish case in Arizona where weapon and ammo choice played a big part in the prosecution's case and the jury's decision.

I'm pretty far from being an Ayoob supporter but he is probably the most qualified gunwriter out there when it comes to this subject.

Fish did not get convicted because he carried JHP. He got convicted because he chose to give the charging dogs a warning shot, but not the angry dog owner who charged him with empty hands. Under those circumstances, neither FMJ nor JHP or a rubber bullet would have made a difference. He would have been convicted in ANY jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm confused and horney
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

Fish did not get convicted because he carried JHP. He got convicted because he chose to give the charging dogs a warning shot, but not the angry dog owner who charged him with empty hands. Under those circumstances, neither FMJ nor JHP or a rubber bullet would have made a difference. He would have been convicted in ANY jurisdiction.
Seems I recall seeing an interview with one of the jurors who said that the 10mm hollowpoints were a factor in their decision. It was certainly a factor in the prosecution's case, just as similar factors have been in other cases.

I agree that he would have likely been convicted without it, but that doesn't make it any less of a factor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#25]
He has bugged the shit out of me for years

I am quite surprised he is still alive
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ayoob is Geraldo Rivera.

Seems I recall seeing an interview with one of the jurors who said that the 10mm hollowpoints were a factor in their decision. It was certainly a factor in the prosecution's case, just as similar factors have been in other cases.

I agree that he would have likely been convicted without it, but that doesn't make it any less of a factor.

Fish did not use handloads.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Fish did not use handloads.
I never said he did. I simply pointed out that his choice of weapon was used against him by the prosecution in his case and had some influence on the jury. The same can happen with handloads, modified weapons, or weapons with "aggresive" names.

I don't neccessarily believe that it is very likely, but you'd have to be pretty naive to think that it wasn't possible. ayoob has carved himself a niche in the gunwriting community by writing about legal issues associated with self defense. The truth is that there are only a limited number of legal issues that may arise and he has covered them all, which leads to his picking apart stuff like handloads. I get sick of seeing the same material repeatedly in his writing but I'm sure he isn't going to stop as long as he's still getting paid.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#28]
By that standard, one should not use a firearm for self defense because a prosecutor may pull some argument against it out of his ass. One should use a golf club or an umbrella, or just bend over.

If you have a legit self-defense argument, the fact you used JHP or a handload will not make or break you. Hell, you can even drown your assailant in a bucket of piss if you want.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 8:16:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Back to the topic at hand, Venturino is a pole-smoking mongoloid.

He licks the windows of his camper van when parked across the street of the local middle school.

He has been known to try and bite his own ears on more than one occasion.

I've even heard it said that the man isn't even a man. Allegedly the C cup titties he sports are real and his original birth certificate read "Marcia Venturino".
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#30]
He pleasures himself with a half-round half-octagon HiWall...
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
 All gun magazines blow ass.  Why should i pay to read 80+ pages of bullshit opinions, biased reviews and retarded "it could happen to you stories."?

Yeah!!! I can get *that* here on ARFcom!!! Ooops...

Just kidding. My 2 years here have been very educational. I'm starting to like ARs almost as much as 1911s.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
He pleasures himself with a half-round half-octagon HiWall...

dont forget his fetish for anything colorcased
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#33]
He once keestered a hoglegg.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#34]
You said "indian" instead of native American-  I like you already.
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I enjoyed the rant.

+1
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
First off this Montanna meatball has the nerve to call himself the "DUKE"

You know .....Montanna ......

WTF is "Montanna"?
Link Posted: 9/14/2008 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Speaking of gun writers daughters, Craig Boddington who writes for Guns&Ammo has a beautiful daughter who appears in some of his articles.  John Connors daughter is no slouch either.  Those are two daughters of men who I'd never mess with and I pity the man who ever hurt their little girls.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top