Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/5/2001 11:06:57 PM EDT
Me personally, I would rather have a Blaster or a weapon off of Starwars. They seem to be more ergonomic and more like real weapons than the small weapons on Star Trek that seem like television remote controllers. Yes I maybe part geek, but I'm heavily armed. No Slack!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:12:03 PM EDT
Phaser You can set it to stun and train, play, shoot annoying people, dogs etc. Then you can set it to kill for real situations.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:14:40 PM EDT
One Ion Cannon for me please! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:22:22 PM EDT
Blaster for me. Incidentally, have you ever noticed that the blasters used in Star Wars look suspiciously similar to the Sterling SMG, or that the long one carried by one trooper when they tried to stop them from leaving Tatooine looked just like an MG34?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:27:55 PM EDT
Whether it's Phasers or Blasters, it seems that a lot of people are able to DODGE the beams. Give me a M16 and I'll kick ass all over the Galaxy.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:28:57 PM EDT
That may be because they used things like Sterlings for the storm troopers blast guns and Mauser "Bolo"'s for Solo's blaster.
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:38:26 PM EDT
Ah, you obviously missed the sarcastic tone in my fingers as I typed my post! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/5/2001 11:42:20 PM EDT by MatthewDaugherty]
One problem with the Phasers on the Next Generation is that they seem to be more of a point weapon than a aimed weapon. That may be fine for shooting across the room, but a Blaster Weapon off of Star Wars seems more like a weapon you can engage targets at a long distance. I believe some blaster weapons do have the option of stun. Remember in Beginning of Star wars when Princess Leia's ship was being boarded by Storm Troopers one said set blasters to stun and then they shot her. Jar Jar the other White Meat! No Slack!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:24:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 12:16:58 AM EDT by Dave_G]
You Star Wars guys can keep your blank firing Sterling SMG's and Broomhandle Mausers, and you trekkers can keep the various incarnations of the Phaser, none of which sported sights. I will keep my good old P226 .40 and some 165 grain Golden Sabers and we can pace off 20 yards and go to town. Any bets as to who is still standing after what little smoke is generated clears? To answer the original question: Neither. They are movie props, not weapons.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:28:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 12:23:47 AM EDT by Boom Stick]
[size=4][b]Phaser:[/b][/size=4] You can set it to wide beam and get the whole room with one shot. The phaser has anti-personal properties! Not only that, we could set them to maximum (anti-geological setting..heheh) and tunnel our way through the rock in Afghanistan to get 'ol osama.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:16:30 AM EDT
Neither. A blaster is a clumsy, inelegant weapon. Make mine a light saber.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:18:45 AM EDT
Originally Posted By natez: A blaster is a clumsy, inelegant weapon.
View Quote
HAHAHAAAAAAA! Thank you Obi Wan Ke-Natez! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 3:21:27 AM EDT
How about the blasters in Battlestar Galactica. Or the ones in Logan's run. I think I'd take a blaster from Battlestar.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:05:01 AM EDT
I want a "Blade Runner" blaster. Anything capable of putting down a skin job is powerful enough for [b]any[/b] practical applications.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:14:00 AM EDT
Phaser. You can cut open walls, like a torch. You can stun. You can make things vanish. You can heat up rocks, and make them glow. You can make the phase "overload", and explode. Phaser.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:26:09 AM EDT
"Just like a Jedi to bring a light saber to a gunfight"
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:49:49 AM EDT
I want Crichton's gun from Farscape 'Winona', or that sword dealy that D'Argo uses...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:20:55 AM EDT
Phase Rifle. None of that handheld phaser crap. Same nifty settings, only with a bigger punch! And no "stun" setting. If you're worth shooting, your worth shooting dead. Av.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:53:18 AM EDT
I CANNOT BELIEVE ADULTS WOULD INDULGE IN THIS CHILDISH FANTASY CRAP !!!!!!!!!! (I want a Photon Torpedo)
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:05:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 5:57:48 AM EDT by Benjamin0001]
definately the Blaster, not the phasor, the Blaster. Thats right a Storm Trooper Blaster. [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=64093[/url]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:11:14 AM EDT
No way! Phaser is concealable. Doesn't even look like a weapon. You can shoot people and they disappear. No evidence. It's far superior.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:13:50 AM EDT
I have to concede that the phaser is a superior weapon at normal ranges. It's stupid looking, but a whole lot more versatile than your plain vanilla blaster.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:15:15 AM EDT
LT. Murphy, I'm not sure about no evidence. Certainly the target disappears but does the molecular structure continue to exist in the vast reaches of space simply waiting to be shot with the dreaded "reassembler" ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:35:36 AM EDT
Yeah ok It is truly the Smart Weapon of choice by intergalactic survivalists. But is it the manly thing to do???? Benjamin
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:37:30 AM EDT
That's a different story altogether. If that's the case, I want whatever looks the meanest and makes the most noise.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:48:40 AM EDT
I do admire a man that takes the technical approach !
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:49:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 6:41:53 AM EDT by Boom Stick]
I could make my type 1 phaser look like a beeper/pager! Try that with a blaster! It's better for urban concealment. [img]http://www.thinkjedi.com/images/tng-phaser1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:54:26 AM EDT
I want a Romulan Disruptor. Seems like everyone was afraid of those. No piddly injuries just total disintegration.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:54:59 AM EDT
Heres my PDA: [img]http://www.thinkjedi.com/images/tng-padd.jpg[/img] ...and my cell phone: [img]http://www.thinkjedi.com/images/communicator.jpg[/img] I'm all set for urban survival.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:59:59 AM EDT
...and now this thread is veering into geek territory.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:04:29 AM EDT
Geeks and guns.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:06:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MatthewDaugherty: One problem with the Phasers on the Next Generation is that they seem to be more of a point weapon than a aimed weapon. That may be fine for shooting across the room, but a Blaster Weapon off of Star Wars seems more like a weapon you can engage targets at a long distance. I believe some blaster weapons do have the option of stun. Remember in Beginning of Star wars when Princess Leia's ship was being boarded by Storm Troopers one said set blasters to stun and then they shot her. Jar Jar the other White Meat! No Slack!
View Quote
Yep SW blaster rifles have a stun mode, affectionaly called the blue ring mode. as for ST phaser they are hand phaser intended for closerange combat. the rifles have popup sights for longrange fighting. give me a phaser any day. and ill burn through a swath or stormtroopers. set to kill and hold it down and SWEEP. continuas fire. anyone see spaceballs? that scene where vespa is giving the gun. "im dont know how to shoot this, i hate guns" the pingpongs shoot at then and nip her hair "MY HAIR! they shot my hair!" she gets this real serious look and cocks the blasterrifle and fires from the hip full auto. hitting all the pingpongs... it look verymuch like a M16. course it is MEL BROOKS.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:15:39 AM EDT
on space calls they looked like Calico 22LR. some shots with the mags some with out
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:40:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:54:54 AM EDT
I'd rather have the weapons systems that the marines had on "Aliens" Sure they lost, but they had some kick ass stuff. The weapon is only as good as its operator. AIRBORNE
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:12:47 AM EDT
Why dink around with the small stuff? Gimme the "Genesis Torpedo"
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:26:00 AM EDT
Originally Posted By natez: Neither. A blaster is a clumsy, inelegant weapon. Make mine a light saber.
View Quote
HELL YEAH A light saber is the bomb... just check out Episode one... when Jinn starts cutting through that thick steel door... oh yeah. Just tweak a light saber with a 100' 'blade' and stand back and whack away!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:35:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 9:52:00 AM EDT by Master_Blaster]
Somebody beat me to it, but I'd definitly want a blue bladed light saber. Make mine w/ an extra long handle so it has more leverage to thrust & parry with. Don't need no stinkin' double-bladed bow-saber. Thrust forward and the bow-weilder has to sidestep, as he won't be able to block the light blade thrust w/ the center/handle - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt! [;)] [%(]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:05:50 AM EDT
Since this is marginally on topic http://www.grudge-match.com/History/ensign-stormtrooper.shtml The World Wide Web Fights (WWWF)'s contest between Imperial Stormtroopers and StarFleet's Expendables (The Red Shirted Ensigns) Who can die the most??
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:19:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 9:11:39 AM EDT by California_Kid]
You kids and your modern mouse gun toys all crack me up. Shoot to wound, shoot to stun. Ha! Sure, blasters and phasers may be high-energy and light weight and all that, but back in MY day we had to hoof it into battle with REAL weapons. Give me a good old-fashioned heat ray any day! [frag]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:39:57 AM EDT
I'll take a blaster. I'm not into hokie religions. But while we are at it, can I pick up a sonic screwdriver?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:53:47 AM EDT
I'll get a cellphone the day they make one that looks like an "old-fashioned" Star Trek communicator. Weapons? Klingon dagger and disrupter, as per the Star Trek movies. ------- "Just say the wrong thing, Torr!"
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:01:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By natez: Neither. A blaster is a clumsy, inelegant weapon. Make mine a light saber.
View Quote
You beat me to the punch...damn.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:08:55 AM EDT
plasma rifle in the 40 watt range... really, i have allways been in love with the pulse rifles from aliens too. dave_g- you act as if being a sci-fi nerd precludes one from possesing the real hardware and the training/skill to use them. i assure you that is not the case. this is an excercise of imagination. marines are allowed to have that, arent they? [;)]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:14:12 AM EDT
Anybody see the movie "5th Element" with Bruce Willis and that hot redhead girl named Lelou? How about those devices that the bad guy was trying to sell to the troll-looking aliens....the one that had a flame thrower,freeze blast, HE rounds, capture net, and the "recall" option. (you could fire one round into the target, turn in the opposite direction, fire a burst, and all the rounds would boomerang back and hit the original target in the same place.) Probably a pre-ban model.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:57:49 AM EDT
Originally Posted By zombee: Probably a pre-ban model.
View Quote
Preban... definitely a preban with all those "evil features"
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:26:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 11:19:36 AM EDT by BlackandGreen]
Originally Posted By Dale007: I want a Romulan Disruptor. Seems like everyone was afraid of those. No piddly injuries just total disintegration.
View Quote
It`s actually a pantelian disrupter...romulans stole the technology..........[dracula].....................(they traded some drunk natives for a couple cases of romulan ale )
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:43:55 AM EDT
I would choose the "Veron-T Disruptor" banned by the Federation (TNG). [img]http://www.leenet.demon.co.uk/phaser/misc/varon-t.gif[/img] Since only 5 were built, getting one would be tough. A Romulan Tetryon Disrupter rifle would be my second choice. The TR-116 rifle that Ezri Dax (DS9) used was pretty cool too, since it had a micro transporter and could see through walls.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:54:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/6/2001 11:47:34 AM EDT by zombee]
[img]http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-12454/fe/media/5thzorgshooting.jpg[/img] I'll take one of THESE!!! (see previous post) [X]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:47:17 PM EDT
the phaser is ok, but the blaster is far more versatile than the star treks phaser. Blasters can be equipped with scopes, both red dot and magnification scopes. Blasters do have a stun setting. Blasters can fire on auto and deliver suppressive fire. phasers can not. if a phaser disintegrates a target, you then cant loot the body for gear, money, tri-corders, etc... in the Star Wars universe regular firearms are available such as the Adjucator pistol the Rebel SpecForces use because it is easier to silence then a blaster. if you want to cut open a door in star wars just use a micro torch. if you want to clear a room there are gas/flashbangs and thermal detonators [:D] Blasters; unlike firearms; dont travel in arcs like a football. they shoot straight as an arrow until the energized compacted gas (tibana) dissipitates. a weapon like the M41a pulse rifle (which was a Thompson M1a) from Aliens is available in the star wars universe. as well as shotguns, sniper rifles, sub-machine guns, etc... when watching star wars again look out for these other weapons in the films AR-15-Empire strikes back. the trenches of Hoth AK-47-Return of the Jedi. forest moon of Endor Beretta M92f-Princess leia. forest moon of Endor MG-42-A New Hope. Sand Tropper's repeating blaster rifle yes; i do play Star Wars the RPG. i have a sniper scout outfitted with a .28 caliber silenced sniper rifle. equipped with an electronic scope that works like a digital camera's zoom funtion. Surosuub lib
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:54:53 PM EDT
Make mine the Squad Auto Weapon from Alien 2. If not that, how about the combo rifle/grenade launcher/flame thrower that Ripley used near the end of Alien 2? Wow! I'll take two, please.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top