Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2001 2:26:02 PM EDT
Never in my right mind would I have thought what happened today would have happened.
A week ago my buddy invited me to go to a gun show with him. He buys this MKII with a bull barrel. Me, I love MKII's, so of course I admire it. Today, he calls me up and asks me to come over and shoot it with him.
When I get there, he hands me this package that resembles the shape of an MKII and says... "MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" Little did I know, I witnessed him buying me my Christmas present. My wife was going to get me one, but now she doesn't have to.
Than again, maybe I shouldn't tell her about it and have her get me a standard barrelled one. Nah, she'd use it on me for doing that, so I guess I better not push it.
Anyhow, THAT IS A REAL FRIEND! I have NEVER had someone do something that nice for me before.

Thanks Alabubba, I highly appreciate it!

BTW, does anyone know were I could download a parts diagram so I could disassemble it?  [:D]

Link Posted: 12/5/2001 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]

BTW, does anyone know were I could download a parts diagram so I could disassemble it?  [:D]

View Quote

sheezzzz Boys and their toys!  They get something and the first thing they do is take it apart ;)

U lucky dog!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 2:32:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of the Christmas present I got from a buddy of mine back in the day (8-9 years ago).  Dave, my best friend and shooting pal gave me the choice between a run of the mill 1911 park'd and average grade, or a used Ruger SuperBlackhawk Stainless in .44mag with 7.5" barrel and Leupold 1.5x EER scope, naturally I took the Super Blackhawk.  Still love and cherish it, and would never sell it EVER!

Enjoy your MKII  (were is Dave now. . . I could use a MKII)  hehehe [:p] [;)]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#8]
You can use a paperclip to hook that take down lever.  There is a trick to it, and I would get the manual.  If you need the instructions right now, I could scan the take down instructions and email them to you.  Let me know via email.  I like the MII's a lot too.  I picked up a 50 year anniversary edition for my 2 year old when he was born.  It's got his year of birth stamped on it.  Be cool if it actually goes up in value, but not too likely.  Hope he likes it.

Luke
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
This sounds to me like a covert "straw" purchase[rolleyes]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top