The walls have EYES:
They KNOW who you ARE:
They KNOW what you DO:

71-hour Ahmed - why '71-hour'?

What is he doing in Ankh-Morpork?

Why does he love terrorists?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Who knows maybe he is just a terrorist sympathizer like Nichols or Mc Veigh or maybe he is an Arab steakhouse owner who's walter middyish fantasies revolve around being a "Terr" just as a matter of cultural indoctrination.Maybe he is some Pan-Arabist Cecil Rhoades worshipping Brit who is still sore about the public flogging given to the British Army by the Irgun during the Israeli War for Independence.

Who Cares?
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
[i]And that seemed to be it. Not 'This is 71-hour Ahmed, Cultural Attache or '71-hour Ahmed, my bodyguard' or even '71-hour Ahmed, walking strongroom and moth killer'. It was clear that the next move was up to Vimes.
'That's...er...that's an unusual name,' he said.
'Not at all,' said the Prince smoothly. 'Ahmed is a very common name in my country.'[/i]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Jingo?
View Quote

Jingo=BINGO !

Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#5]
J-I-N-G-O

And Jing-o was his name-o
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#7]
It's BOZO, dammit!  That Bobo guy's a rank amateur!!
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#8]
[i]Oh, no doubt the man would suggest there were mitigating circumstances, that he had an unhappy childhood or was driven by Compulsive Well-Poisoning Disorder.  But I have a compulsion to behead cowardly murderers.[/i]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:12:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, and where did you folks get the idea I had any love for terrorists?  I dislike it when fools post racist diatribes against some group while hiding behind a "little White lie" of "asking for informational purposes".  I also think that the current war should be run in a manner that minimizes casualties among noncombatants -- anyone who's bothered to read any of the stories about the post-Taliban celebrations in Kabul should be able to understand that most of the people there (especially, pretty much ALL of the women) hated the Taliban but were afraid to act.

Oh, and I suggested repeatedly that it would be wise to capture as many al Quaeda prisoners as possible for interrogation, to gather military intelligence on their members and operations.

The only complete screwup that I've posted was in suggesting that the first anthrax death, the photo editor in Florida, might not be due to a terror attack.  As soon as the evidence started pouring in . . . well, my bad.  I assumed that anyone who had the stuff would use it in an effective manner, not in a completely moronic manner.

I am not aware of having made any "pro-terrorist" statements. . . .  Care to point me to any threads?

P.S. -- Achmed, not Ahmed.  Thanks. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/5/2001 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Please explain your handle though.  I have no idea what it means.  All i know about you is:

1.  You're a gambler
2.  You're into guns
3.  You're an  Arab

2 out of three ain't bad [BD]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#11]
71 Hour "John Walker" speaks.

No thinly veiled questions here.
Just MANY answers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Please explain your handle though.  I have no idea what it means.  All i know about you is:

1.  You're a gambler
2.  You're into guns
3.  You're an  Arab

2 out of three ain't bad [BD]
View Quote

Well, for starters, as I've explained repeatedly, I'm not Arab.  Not even a little.  Or is that why it's "2 out of three"?? [:)]

These guys hit it, though.  [url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061059064[/url]
(Note: Amazon referral-tracking junk deleted;  it's safe to click on.)

[red]***SPOILER WARNING***[/red]
As to why "71-hour", in the novel, the purported tradition of the D'reg tribes was to allow anyone to be a guest for three days (note similarity to the Taliban's claim that since bin Laden was their "guest", they could no more turn him over than they could abandon their religion).  Ahmed beheaded his host, who had poisoned a well and killed a village, while he was still the host's guest, an hour before it would have been acceptable.  "Once I had testimony from his servant [proving he had done it], why wait even an hour?"
[blue]end of spoiler[/blue]

As to why "Achmed" instead of "Ahmed", well, that's a different story, and one I'll leave to another century. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
71 Hour "John Walker" speaks.

No thinly veiled questions here.
Just MANY answers.
View Quote

Does that make you Lord Rust?  Or Lord "Buchanan"?  (Was going to type "Lord 'Richard Butler'", but I don't know if you hate all other  races/religions or just Muslims.)
And what the heck is an "RBAD"?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:50:38 AM EDT
[#14]
You're not the artist formerly known as Cav-Vet, are you?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:46:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does that make you Lord Rust?  Or Lord "Buchanan"?  (Was going to type "Lord 'Richard Butler'", but I don't know if you hate all other  races/religions or just Muslims.)
And what the heck is an "RBAD"?
View Quote

Nah...  I hate EVERYONE !

If Goatboy didn't hold the reigns so tight, I'd be a real radical "fundementalist":

- I'd be cutting off hands and feet for violations of the rules !

- Our women members would be forced to wear bags over their heads when in the chatroom.
[b]NEW LEGP Burqas![/b]

- We would be INTOLERANT of all other web sites.

- Moderators who ban McUZI would be given 74 virgins.

- None of the male members would be permitted to shower more than once per month.

- Our younger members would be given rocks and stones and would be encouraged to go to other ISP's and throw rocks at them.

- After 1000 posts, a member would be encouraged to strap explosives to their torso and blow themself up.

- Praise XXXXXXX and pass the bacon!

-------------------------------------
As for Jingo Lingo:

I would be General Tacticus.  "Let us take the terrorists of XXXXXXXX (omitted to be politically correct) descent by the scrotum."

I would be quite an honorable AND effective fighter for the cause.
Unlike 71HA and other "Americans" who have sympathetic feelings toward the Taliwhackers.

--------------------------------------

RBAD = Racist Goon?  Or someone who cannot tolerate terrorism, "religious" zealotry, the great unwashed, or anti-American rhetoric.?

RBAD = I "R" bad.   (publick skool edgumication)
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:56:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Aw, Hell.  Discworld, Ringworld, Halo, I just can't keep it all straight anymore.

Where did this "he loves terrorists" come from?
Cite a post, please.

All I want to know is, does his name mean he gets out in an hour?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:32:51 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]web-comm.com/ar15/bag.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:35:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Pic plz, 71?
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Makin' Bacon!

We, we, we all the way home![:D]

Big(ILikeMyBaconCrispy,Please)Dozer66
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

??  No, don't remember hearing of him.

Quoted:
Pic plz, 71?
View Quote

Regrettably, I don't show up on photographic film or in mirrors.  Something to do with silver. . . . [dracula]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

[b]Boomer: Great Call....

I KNEW IT !    [/b]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[b]Boomer: Great Call....

I KNEW IT !    [/b]
View Quote

I don't know how it could be a "great call", since I don't have the slightest idea who you're talking about, but feel free to cherish whatever delusions you have. . . .
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:49:53 PM EDT
[#24]
[url]http://www.geocities.com/arzooachmed/[/url]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[i]And that seemed to be it. Not 'This is 71-hour Ahmed, Cultural Attache or '71-hour Ahmed, my bodyguard' or even '71-hour Ahmed, walking strongroom and moth killer'. It was clear that the next move was up to Vimes.
'That's...er...that's an unusual name,' he said.
'Not at all,' said the Prince smoothly. 'Ahmed is a very common name in my country.'[/i]
View Quote

Thats where I recognized that from. Read the book a couple of months ago.

For the culturally deprived among us, look for the author Terry Pratchett.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You should be honored that people think you might be Cav-Vet he's a helluva person.

Going to the WAC show in Puyallup tomorrow 71?
View Quote

I'd intended to, but woke up at 11:30 today.  Really, I'm just putting off selling a bunch of guns that I should get rid of. . . .  Sigh.

Oh well, there's always next weekend at Monroe.

A pity the guy is gone;  he seems to have been well-liked.  Another SteyrAUG sort of situation, or ??
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Did he ever say what it was about the ad that was offensive?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Phil, the whole idea is for me to [i]avoid[/i] selling anything.  Offering me money isn't helping matters.

(Trimmed out the Cav_Vet part, since USPC40 deleted his post.)
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 12:57:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I removed my message explaining why he left.  He emailed me saying it wasn't correct.  I didn't mean to misrepresent him.  I was just going by memory.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top