Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2001 10:23:18 PM EDT
I'm on the trail of a 4 HK USP 9mm hicap magazines at about 62 bucks each, in like-new shape. Get/not get? I know it's better than 100-125 each, but I'm not likely to find them cheaper anywhere else, am I? Does anybody know of another good source, or am I stupid not to just get them?

BTW, I was the guy who asked y'all's advice about getting that gun. Thanks for all of the positive feedback and good advice, I love my USP! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Alright Juggernaut, I'm going to let you in on a little secret...
Regardless of whether yours is the compact or fullsize, you just buy the .40 mags for the same size gun instead of the 9mm mags. Not the "HiCap" versions, but the $30-$40 10rd ones. The .40 magazines will hold 13 rounds of 9mm, and function flawlessly.
Seriously.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I would get them.  $62 is definately a good deal for the hi-caps.  I frequent a couple HK boards also, and have never heard of the 9mm rounds working in a 40 mag.  357sig will work in a 40 mag; but I am pretty sure that 9 won't.  I wouldn't want to bet my life on it anyway.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#3]
$62 for 15 round usp mags is a good price. The cheapest my friend ever found them for was $75.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Alright Juggernaut, I'm going to let you in on a little secret...
Regardless of whether yours is the compact or fullsize, you just buy the .40 mags for the same size gun instead of the 9mm mags. Not the "HiCap" versions, but the $30-$40 10rd ones. The .40 magazines will hold 13 rounds of 9mm, and function flawlessly.
Seriously.
View Quote

No sh!t? Does that really work reliably?
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you get a full sized USP or the compact?

If it's a compact model, they wont fit.  There were no civilian hicap mags for the compact models produced.  If it's a full sized model, I say get them.  The price for a 10 round USP magazine goes for around $30-40, so this is a pretty good deal.

USPC40

Hey! you're waaaay wrong there! Sorry, but we all know that you CAN get civilian hicap mags for the USP compacts...er, -  they are just really hard to find... yeah, umm, and they only made a few, so they're usually really expensive.
[:D]
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Fullsize, and I remembered that trick and ordered two 40 fullsize, factory. I got them and it didn't work! they both had failures to feed with two different types of RN JHP. My regular hicaps work great So I sent 'em back. I'll get the real thing this time, maybe this was a fluke, but it doesn't work with my gun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Send me some of those $62 USP mags!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, dude, I wouldn't mind telling you where to get em, but there's only four----and I got 'em all! [:D] sell 'em to ya for a Hundred wenty, huh, whaddya say?[;)]  great price, huh?
I was glad to get them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fullsize, and I remembered that trick and ordered two 40 fullsize, factory. I got them and it didn't work! they both had failures to feed with two different types of RN JHP. My regular hicaps work great So I sent 'em back. I'll get the real thing this time, maybe this was a fluke, but it doesn't work with my gun.
View Quote

Strange. I've seen it work reliably many times. Not with my own USP, since mine's a fullsize .40, but in both compact and fullsize 9mms.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I own both the USP40c and usp9c and the are basically the same mag.  the follower is the same and the spring is the same. the floor plate locks on the mags are a bit lower on the 40 to allow the bigger rounds, and they are just a bit fatter. 13 rounds in my 9 with 40 mags functioned flawlessly.  

you can also fit 14 rounds of 9mil in a beretta 96 mag.
Link Posted: 3/9/2001 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I would jump all over those! I also have a full size USP 9mm and I have not seen mags for less than $80. I have tried using the .40 mags and they worked fine. I use these when i go to the range. I was able to secure 6 hicap mags at about $65 each so I have a total of 8 now. Hope you get them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top