Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2001 4:50:24 AM EDT
which is better, they both have advantages and draw backs. when i say balck i mean figged in black, bumpers, rims, chrome, everything black, it would be blob, same coverage with camo. camo better for woods, but black less noticeable, doesn't stand out as much. don't paint a full size van all black of people will never stop calling you a ped. OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:22:17 AM EDT
These topics you post are funny
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:23:44 AM EDT
i know, i'm THAT bored.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:27:06 AM EDT
I lived next to an undercover cop for about a year. Sometimes he'd drive home a surveillance car. It was an all flat black Chevy Caprice Classic. It looked like crap but he said most people just never noticed it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:42:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Muad_Dib: I lived next to an undercover cop for about a year. Sometimes he'd drive home a surveillance car. It was an all flat black Chevy Caprice Classic. It looked like crap but he said most people just never noticed it.
View Quote
That's probably more because it looked like a not particularly special crappy car. Give him a yugo and he'd probably say the same.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:44:44 AM EDT
the cat makes a valid point. it comes down to the dirtbag theory. if you look like a dirtbag, people won't notice you, i know right now you think you would, but in real life you woudn't. people see the (ugly) car and dismiss it as they continue looking at things.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:09:44 AM EDT
My friend had a mid-80's Dodge D50 mini-pickup that was factory painted in what was called "Mitsubishi Beige." I didn't think it was a beige color, but oh well. The point is it was a very neutral color to animals. We were always smacking birds on the hiway and several times we were able to creep within feet of deer. Animals just couldn't see that color. Yet to people it was an unobtrusive color. You could "camo" your vehicle with this and your neighbor couldn't even object.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:10:23 AM EDT
Flat black is the shit for offroad/hunting etc. vehicles. As soon as I can afford a Hummer that is the first thing I'm doing to it. Straight to MACO for their $99 flat black special. Everything black except for the windows and headlights. Michael
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:22:21 AM EDT
i didn't know flat black was that great. other than being cheap what's so great about it vs. silver or blue?
Top Top