Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2001 4:21:31 AM EDT
how can i get a chrome toilet seat? i think it would be cool to have, and i thought it would be an interesting conversation piece, not that i have parties in the bathroom....

i suppose id have to get a regular toilet seat cast in steel and then chromed.

*small note above seat*--please wipe smudges off seat when done to preserve shine. thank you.

hehe

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 7:58:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, wouldn't that be cold?  *shiver*
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a cold chill just reading the title.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:35:17 AM EDT
[#3]
yall are missing the clear advantages...aside from the longer life (versus a standard moly steel or stainless steel toilet seat) the inherate slickness of the chrome will allow for easier cleaning and not getting stuck while on the seat.  most importantly is the non-reactivity to corrosive materials (use your imagination).  traditional stainless or moly steel seat would be pitted in a couple weeks whereas the chrome is impervious to the worse corrosive conditions.  

can we not learn anything from the history of the m-16?  sloth  
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Brouhaha,
Definitely not, sounds like you got it good.

If you're a bachelor, chrome seats are good, but remember, they are more for looks.

Ok, this is a sick topic.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Dump your toliet seat?  Ummm....  Errr....

I honestly do not know how to respond to this, but it sounds painful.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#8]
maybe i could wire a car battery with a amperage dampner to warm the seat. haha

Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
traditional stainless or moly steel seat would be pitted in a couple weeks whereas the chrome is impervious to the worse corrosive conditions.  
View Quote

Chrome might offer increased corrosion resistance, but I have to say that my NP3'd toilet seat has been going strong for the past seven years, and with nothing more than the occasional wipedown, it looks like the day I bought it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#10]
try and find one of those places that supplies the highway rest stops or city parks. most of them have sheet metal seats that could easily be chromed. i however would think that a good parkerized one would go with the evil black rifle look a lot better though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#11]
IIRC Hogue makes a toilet seat like their overmolded stocks. Now that would be soft on the ass.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I too live in a cold climate and think a steel toilet seet could lead to problems.  Ever stuck your tongue to a steel pole in the dead of winter?  Exactly!  Anyway, what you could do is install a heating pad in the top cover of the toilet keeping the seat at a comfortable temperature.  Also, I think that a nickel plated seat might be a better option do to it being a bit more slick and resistant to corrosion.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a bad idea.  On cold mornings, you would have to use one of those paper donut sanitary things.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#14]
guy i KNOW it's not practile it would just be cool. it's your friend comes over, goes to take a dump, and from in the bathroom you hear:
"dude, what the hell!?!?!?"
"it's ok dude, that's my chrome toilet seat."
"cool man"
"quit talking and take your dump"
"right dude, dumping"
"roger that"

to people that think it will freeze... how cold do you keep your house, sure the seat is cold but i'm not dumping in an outhouse, it's inside...

OffRoad
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Go with a metalic Mylar. If your heater shorts out and you're in your bear feet they will find in the morning in a very shitty position to be found dead.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Your ass might slide off a chrome seat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#17]
On the bright side, it would help you eliminate clingons. [:D][:D][:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#18]
But what if your in the middle of bombing Tokyo?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top