Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2001 1:31:01 AM EDT
Just got an email offer for an NRA visa card. . always use debit till now, because I like being relatively debt-free, but having a line of credit -- with an NRA stamp on it -- seems appealing. Has anyone else gotten one of these?

Heck, any advice on credit cards generally?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Heck, any advice on credit cards generally?
View Quote

Yeah, DON'T use them unless you can pay off the entire balance within 3 Months MAX!!!!!

Trust me!
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Treat them like a debit card and you'll be okay. :)

Actually, they're a good tool for establishing credit when you're young, to rent cars and buy things on-line, and for use in emergencies, etc. I use mine for the additional warranty and I treat them like a debit card. I pay the full balance each month; no finance charges or annual fee. If you use it like this, the interest rate is not an issue because you never pay finance charges.

If you have to carry a balance, then you want the lowest rate possible, a reasonable grace period (unlike my cards which give me 10-14 days because they know I always pay the balance in full each month), and a low annual fee, if any.

If you treat it like an extension of your checking account, you'll do fine.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had the NRA card for a couple years.
They get a small kick-back on all purchases, which is why I use it.
Pay it off each month is the best advice you will ever get.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
There is nothing wrong with a credit card. My wife has a stack of them. You just need to pay the balance each month. Don't charge anything if you don't have the cash.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top