Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2001 8:15:57 PM EDT
I ordered an assembbled carrier and bolt, a charging handle and a bunch of extra little parts (less than $200 total) and they ship it UPS Adult Signature (in person) required. I can't even sign the damn tag and leave it for my UPS driver.

This really annoys me. I've had thousands of rounds of ammo delivered from the ammoman and UPS just leaves it on my porch. I have signatures on file with all the common carriers just so I don't have to deal with this crap. And I've bought parts from the other parts vendors (JT, Sherluk, M&A) and never had anybody do the in-person signature required BS.

Gahhhh

just needed to vent

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#1]
When I got my rifle back for the first time from Global Trades, it didn't require a signature. I almost missed the UPS guy and it would have sat on my porch for hours until I got home.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey David, where did you get the stock on your MAK posted on AKWEAPONS?
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 1:43:00 AM EDT
[#3]
try www.riflestocks.com
john
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:01:31 AM EDT
[#4]
They are just covering their butt.  [b]You[/b] should have told them to not have a signature delivered tag on your package.

I hate signature delivered tags too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 3:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Sure it's a nusciance but getting stuff stolen off your porch is a nusciance also. You willing to take the financial responsibility when it gets stolen. Model 1 sales does not want to take the hit.  UPS does not want to take the hit.

They will deliver to a neighbor or alternate adress where an adult might be home. Or you can pick up at UPS depot after the delivery truck returns.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:01:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Strangely enough, my shipment from ammoman this time requires an adult signature.  Never has in the past.

And strangely enough, UPS claims they tried to deliver yesterday at 2:22.  Strange because I was sitting within 5 feet of my front door at that time and no one knocked, pulled into the driveway, or left any yellow sticker on the door.

In the past ammo was left at the door.  I don't know if this is a change in policy for ammoman or UPS.  If it is UPS then ammomand needs to find a new carrier.

James
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I have taken the steps necessary to absolve shippers of any responsibility for leaving things at my door. UPS, FedEx, Airborne, and DHL all have the paperwork from me that says it is OK to leave things at my house. I live pretty far away from anyone else so it's really unlikely that something would get stolen off my porch, though of course it is possible.

For UPS not to just leave a package there have to be explicit instructions from the shipper not to accept the on file paperwork that allows packages to be left at your door.  If a vendor is going to require that you sign for their packagaes, regardless of how innoucuous they are, they should tell you that up front so you can take your business elsewhere. If UPS won't leave the package, then its unlikely to get delivered, and I'll stop payment on the credit card and re-order from someone else. The vendor won't get any more business from me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:34:25 AM EDT
[#8]
I belive they are just covering there butts...If I ordered any thing that cost more than 20 dollars I wouldnt want it just sitting on my porch..someone would steel it....but I can see why it up sets you....Model"1"Sales has been greet with me...they have always been good with me....just let them know Im sure theyll work with you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I specifically asked Model 1 if they would leave the package with no signature, and they said no, with no reason given.  I am fortunate enough that I can have items shipped to where I work with no questions asked.  I can live with this.

One that does piss me off is places that will only ship to the billing address of the credit card and require an adult signature.  This prevents me from ordering anything from them, and probably many other people as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 8:53:01 AM EDT
[#10]
A friend of mine doesn't deal with gun parts, but with car parts.    He has a wooden toolbox in his garage with his padlock.    He leaves padlock on top of box, delivery person puts part in box and locks for him.    I strike up a conversation with the drivers in my area and you are right they are trying to cover their own job because some people don't want things left.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top