Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2001 12:06:19 PM EDT
Man...it's been over now for 24 hours and I'm still stoked about the match we had yesterday.  About 250 target presentations...tons of smoke and enough noise to wake the DEAD!  Long range (500M) to short range (10M)...bobbers, movers and combinations of all sorts.
I blew off about 850 rounds.  During one phase, I was pulling that old Little Black Rifle's trigger as fast as I could...and it's got a very sweet little trick trigger job.  But I wasn't the fastest.  One gent has the swiftest trigger finger I ever saw.  Has to be about 400-450rpm.  Simply amazin'.
On one course of fire, we all get to shoot for team score.  Not sure about the entire match...but our foursome killed 'em in the morning portion.  When I was done, I looked down and saw 15 30rd mags at my feet.  Sheesh!  Damn rifle was so hot I couldn't touch near the front of the handguards!  One of our guys (Proud to say, my son.) brought his Garand and his FAL L1A1 and kicked serious butt.  Pretty impressive when he's the only guy nailing the 500M target...with standard military sights.
Anyway...it was a total blast.  Those of you out there in AR-15 Land that were there...and I'm sure there are some of you...I'm sure will agree with me.
Can't wait until the next time.
Well done to the organizers!
(Gloat-gloat-gloat)
[beer][bounce][beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top