Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
HS Dimploma(B-student)
Current sophmore in college, double-majoring in Computer Science and Government. Have a 3.3 CGPA

I don't take school seriously. In the end you pay $50,000+ for a piece of paper. I taught myself most of what I know, so when I take classes I already know most of it so it is quite easy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Master of Science in Quality, Eastern Michigan University. Awarded December 1999.  Program concentration in Advanced Product Quality Planning, developing the Voice of the Customer and data analysis including multivariate data analysis, design of experiments, reliability and advanced statistical process control.

Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Western Michigan University. Awarded April 1991. Sociology program majoring in Criminal Justice with a concentration in statistical analysis of criminal behavior and crime.  Minor in Aviation Maintenance Management.

Associate of General Studies, Central Texas College, Awarded August 1987. Major: Aviation Maintenance.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i can beat all you "smarties"!
i have a b.a. in Art History
and will be going back in 2002 for my M.A.
PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT!
[smoke]
View Quote

Unless you went to Berkeley or Vassar, I guarantee you I went to school with more fruits and nuts than you did.

Touche.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Krazy_Karl,

Thanks, I thought it fit well.

There are quite a few well educated folk here.

(let's see how many think folk should be folks)

Brouhaha, I thought I detected a "Killer Frog" amongst us!

GBT, shoot me an email at work..I wanna cut you some "inside" info.

Cheers
[beer]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Summa Cum Laude
Bachelors of Science in Business Adm.

I semester away from Masters of Science
in Decision and Information Sciences.

Didn't lite any farts while in Pi kappa alpha.
And no..our rep of "Lifting weights and raping dates." wasn't entirely accurate...
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]
AS Farm and Ranch Business Mgmt
BS Agricultural Economics
MS Animal Science
and a DVM
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Three months of a general education in a public school, that was proceeded by eight years of a classical education.  I'm not joking.  The first eight years I attended school, we studied Latin, history of western civilization, and the classics.  When I started a junior high, I couldn't even add or multiply large (two-digit) numbers.  I knew nothing about science, biology, modern (after 1,500 AD) literature, or English grammar.  Three months later after much frustration, I dropped-out and went to work.  I think my parents wanted to raise a little Socrates.  My strange first and middle names are an indication of that.  The sad part is that I remember almost none of the Latin I spent so many hours at school learning.  Since I got back from Korea, I vowed to spend an hour a day learning.  I have stuck to that promise at least six, but usually seven, days per week.  Since then, I've tutored at a couple of colleges, learned to play the piano and violin and teach lessons for young kids at a local music college, taught at two different colleges, reviewed 50+ college textbooks, and helped put several relatives and their friends through college.  I can honestly say that I have could pass the western civ, math, EE, CS, and physics classes that I have helped others through.  I like to think of my education as proof that the slow and determined win every time.z
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I have BS in education and MA in guidance/counseling.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#9]
HS Diplomacy With Honors (woopty doo, but at lest I get an awesome deal on tuition)

Emergency Medical Tech. (and decided I better get to college while I could)

Currently sophmore at U of Wisconsin working for a Comprehensive Major in Sociology with a foocus in criminal justice
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Bachelor or Science - Business Systems
Taylor University

Currently working as an Operations Analyst in the Logistics/Distribution Industry.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't take school seriously. In the end you pay $50,000+ for a piece of paper. I taught myself most of what I know, so when I take classes I already know most of it so it is quite easy.
View Quote

Yup. I've been saying this for years, and I'm only 23. I'm in law school now (which is supposed to be nothing but studying) and people here hate me because I fuck off all semester (except for RA and journal work) then beat 80-90% of them on the exams after I study the week before exams.

I take the NASCAR approach to school...you don't have to lead every lap, only the last one. How much you know does NOT determine how well you do on an exam or how far you go in life.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Some College. Mostly vocational training, and a High School Diploma. I sit next to guys who have degrees and we do the same job.
View Quote

Exactly.  I enable guys with advanced Geological and Geophysical degrees to do their job.  It's insane how bad some of these guys are.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[smoke]
View Quote

I've always wondered, but what does one do with an Art History degree?

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#14]
BS, neuropsych, U of Michigan, Ann Arbor
MPH, Molecular Epidemiology, U of Michigan, Ann Arbor
MD, Wayne State School of Medicine
Residency, OB/GYN

Total of 14 years of post high school education and $.02 in savings, $150,000 in student loans!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#15]
BS in Psychology
Hopefully start on my Masters soon!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:48:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Post from a3kid -
Wanna hear some guzinta's?
View Quote

Well, a3kid, I see you're a graduate from the Jethro Bodine School for Advance Cyphering, same as me.

Eric The(OrIsIt'SameAsI'?)Hun[>]:)]

View Quote

Gaw-Lee, Uncle Jed- we gaun' be double-naught spies, me 'n Dash Riprock! :^D
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:51:03 PM EDT
[#17]
God Bless Texas,

Art History Degrees burn to hot in my pipe, I prefer something with less difficulty, like an MBA or a PHD, don't you?

And those sociology or psychology degrees are far too odorous for my pipe.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#18]
B.Sc., NeuroPsych., Univ. of Calgary
M.Sc., Univ. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Doctorate, Univ. of Florida

Honestly, if I had to do it over again, I would have skipped it all & learned a trade instead.

I know pool builders that make 4million/yr!  Now that would buy some serious toys!  

Education is not the golden key to "success."  I've met many non-formal educated people that are much more intelligent & wealthier than most of the educated snobs I know.

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
GBT, shoot me an email at work..I wanna cut you some "inside" info.
View Quote

Coz,

[AOL]
"You have mail!"
[/AOL]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish that I could get all the money back that I spent on higher education.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Me- 17 yrs. education. [b]Colege[/b] graduate with a degree in Pre-Hospital Medical Science Paramedic and a minor in Biology. Have several certificates and liscenses for areas associated with Paramedicine.
View Quote

Not to be an ass, but I always find it funny when people misspell "college".[;D]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#23]
This is my first post and it's [bold][red]P[/red][/bold]iled [bold][red]H[/red][/bold]igh and [bold][red]D[/red][/bold]eep.

Seriously - I found this site 3-4 months ago and I've been addicted [shock] ever since.  Bought a Bushmaster Shorty, visited Ammoman (twice!), and I just can't get enough... my life will never be the same, huh?

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:16:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is my first post and it's [bold][red]P[/red][/bold]iled [bold][red]H[/red][/bold]igh and [bold][red]D[/red][/bold]eep.

Seriously - I found this site 3-4 months ago and I've been addicted [shock] ever since.  Bought a Bushmaster Shorty, visited Ammoman (twice!), and I just can't get enough... my life will never be the same, huh?

View Quote

Well, if your user name is your drink of choice, you have excellent taste in whisky.  Welcome to the board.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ok, here goes(don't laugh):

1984-1988-Sedona Astrology Institute.

1988-1992-ICI-International Clairvoyancy Institute.

1992-1996-Apprencticeship under Swami Al-Al-Al

1996-2000-BS in Psychic Enginneering

2000-2004-MS in Psychic Engineering

2004-2008-Phd in Psychic Engineering

[:D]

ARSwami

So Swami,  what am I thinking right now.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I got my Associates of Applied Sciences in Electronics Engineering Technology when I was 19.  Can't remember a DAMN thing I learned at that school now, as I work in the computer support field, and learned most of that on my own.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#27]
the_Macallan,

Nice name......12, 18 or 25 yrs?

That's my favorite Single malt

Cheers and welcome
[%(]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#28]
BS in Computer Sci, and an MBA drop-out (truly a waste of time and money).
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

......12, 18 or 25 yrs?

[%(]
View Quote

Sure, whatever you got is fine with me [;)]

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:47:13 PM EDT
[#30]
BSEE - GMI Engineering and Management Institute 1993.

MSMM - (Manufacturing Management) Kettering University 2000.

Private Pilot with Instrument Rating
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yup. I've been saying this for years, and I'm only 23. I'm in law school now (which is supposed to be nothing but studying) and people here hate me because I fuck off all semester (except for RA and journal work) then beat 80-90% of them on the exams after I study the week before exams.

I take the NASCAR approach to school...you don't have to lead every lap, only the last one. How much you know does NOT determine how well you do on an exam or how far you go in life.
View Quote

Yep, I hear you.

BTW, I really want to go from Bovine University![:D](anybody want to guess where that is from?)
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#32]
High school in lousy Richmond public schools, night school in community college, undergrad, masters degree, then a second masters degree.

Now even the sight of those little desks makes me want to start screaming.

"Never ask a man if he is from Virginia.  If he is, he will certainly tell you.  If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him."
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[smoke]
View Quote

Unless you went to Berkeley or Vassar, I guarantee you I went to school with more fruits and nuts than you did.

Touche.
View Quote

Wait its better, I spent my first two years as an Acting Major.
[owned]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Here's mine...

1999- A.S. Liberal Arts
     HAACP Certification (whoopdee freakin do, I can officially inspect food now!)

Although, I graduate, THIS SATURDAY, and will get a BS in Criminal Justice with a psych minor. This summer, I will train for my law enforcement certification.

MA? Possibly in the future...
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[smoke]
View Quote

I've always wondered, but what does one do with an Art History degree?

God Bless Texas
View Quote

they do like me, and go back to school for the rest of their lives!
[;)]
seriously, with an undergrad theres not much available in terms of major related work.
now with a masters...
you can work in museums, galleries, auction houses, as a professor etc.
i loved it when people laughed at my major thinking it sounded really easy to "just sit around and look at art"
i got the last laugh when they dropped out after the first week of simple survey courses

that said, im selling my diploma on ebay for 120,000$, any takers? thought not
[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I have a P.H.D. in excavation.

P.ost H.ole D.igger
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Too much to do what I am doing, but not enough for the money I make.

Luck
Alac
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I currently and often get the 3rd degree.
I went to high school and was told I would never amount to anything. I guess they were right.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#41]
A&P license rating from the FAA
B.S. in maganement with a minor in psych.
Seriously thinking about going back to getthing my psych degree so I can be a fraud by telling people that they are not right and need to come back for more threapy.[whacko]
That way I can get a large collection that Steyr. I had to edit this because I am starting to mistype like him.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Working on a Business Management degree and a minor in Finance at the University of Miami.

Hey USNA91, have you ever shot at a place in Ft.  Laud by the name of Pop's?

-bc

Edited because I still can't spell
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 3:51:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Whats an education ?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#44]
4 years colledge,a.s. math science s.u.n.y.,two years vocational,efmb/combat medic u.s. army, nys EMT,numerious schools and seminars....

yes i do have a digree. would you like frys with that?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Lafayette Jefferson High School, graduated mid-term 1989.  General Sciences and trades.

Purdue University - SOC100 and COM114, 1988

United States Air Farce, 1989-1994.  BMT, Computer Operator, Radioman, Mobility Qualified, Airborne.

Self-educatd Mechanic, Machinist, Carpenter, Plumber, Electrician, Gunsmith, Locksmith, Networks and Telecom, systems Support.

Plan on taking "formal" locksmithing course to fill in the blanks.

Will probably go back to school after moving out of Kali - if I'm going back, I want to actually LEARN something!  Will likely be in trades...

BTW - Sorely out of practise, but once spoke Spanish, Italian, German, Russian, Arabic, Latin, and Greek.  (Greek and Latin mainly for reading the masters in original languages...)

FFZ

Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Never finished High School and I have the I.Q.of a box of rocks........an don't f***in care .Educated poeple annoy me with there meglomaniac attitude an good thing that hunting humans is outlawed......hey at least I'm not breeding like some real bottom feeders!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
the_Macallan,

Nice name......12, 18 or 25 yrs?

That's my favorite Single malt

Cheers and welcome
[%(]
View Quote

You forgot 15 year, which is what I get when I'm willing to do better than 12.  If you are buying 18 or 25 year, you can afford to buy me some too.[beer]

SLT223=poor college student/scotch hound
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#48]
AS in Fire suppression, blew out a knee and don't use that one now.

4 year apprenticeship, drywall, metal stud framing, acoustic ceilings.

You ever notice how them old gray guys are really smart and have a lot to teach?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Huh?, Wut?  Edjukayshun?  I dun got me a BS in History and Political Science, with teaching certification.  I decided at the last moment that I couldnt be liberal enough to teach so I chose the insurance profession instead.  Glad I did.  I earn double the income as a starting teacher with a fraction of the headaches, hassles, and bullsh!t.  Plus I make my own schedule.

College degrees dont make a person, a person makes the degree...

JRB  
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#50]
OK, if we're all so smart and well educated, why do we come off looking as stupid as we do?

I mean, look at the topics in here!

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top