Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2001 9:10:43 PM EDT
I just found out ASA makes a 9mm AR, and was wonder what its track record is like.  If anyone has one, or knowledge of them please let me know.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Was good all year long...wife got me oe for x-mas.  The ASA is a Colt clone so it can use Colt mags.  ASA offers modified UZI mags that work great and are reasonably priced unlike the Colt mags.  The mag block drops in from the top of the receiver so there is no modification to it needed and no tensioning pieces.  VERY high quality kit.  Too much fun to shoot!  You'll have to use high quality ammo- no blazer or CCI.  I use Winchester 115gr "whitebox" and have had only four failures to fully cycle hammer in about 230 rounds.  I am using a JARD trigger (HIGHLY recommended) and my regular .223 buffer and tube, so I suspect that the buffer us the issue here.  I plan to buy a new lower at the next gun show to finish a complete rifle in 9mm.

The ONLY issue I have with it is that it won't hold open on the last shot.  If you use a Colt block with it and Colt mags, and a Colt extended bolt catch/release, then it will.  But why spend another $175 for the block and catch and then have to spend $80+ per mag for that single feature?  I may try to figure out a way to engineer a hold open with the ASA block (probably just need to cut a channel for the extended catch in it) and buy the Colt catch for $20 from J&T.  Then, I will just ned to keep my eyes open for decent priced Colt mags at the shows.

Anyway, bottom line, is GET IT!  
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a complete carbine. It has functioned flawlessly since I bought it. I`ve used American Eagle 115 gr FMJ so far for 100 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#3]
So what's the price for the kit and the complete gun?

Ross
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ross,
The complete gun cost me  approx $950. I believe the kit goes for about $650.HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top