Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2001 3:29:02 PM EDT
Ok I am moving soon.  I just realized there are what seems like several tons of stuff.  Besides the weapons, the ammo is going to give me a hernia.  1000 rounds at a time didnt seem so heavy. But when added together!  The UPS guy hates me as it is.

The real question is..I am moving into a new house.  Would I be better off with a safe or one of those steel safe doors and making a little room in the basement?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
May I suggest that your entire basement becomes your new gun shop. Once you get licensed they all your hobby expenses become tax expensed and half the cost of your housing and utilities also goto business expenses.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Just went through it myself.  It's worth the expense for a professional firm that comes in, pacts it up, trucks it and then delivers it to the room you designate.  Clean house ahead of time and get your shit organized because they will put only one name on the box and if you have Christmas decorations mixed in with that special pocket knife you have you won't find it until next Christmas.

As far as the safe goes unless you can pour concrete over steel reinforcing and then add the door, go with a good safe.  Get it before you get the estimate from the movers.

And by the way, Move all your firearms in the back of your car.  They won't pack ammo either (although I had so many lose rounds and shit they couldn't identify (a case of primers) they packed some any how).

Where'd you move to BTW?

Email me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#3]
> Where'd you move to BTW?
>

What difference does it make?  He's leaving MICHIGAN -- anywhere *has* to be an improvement.

[;)]

- CD
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Halfcocked youre right! The last time I moved I lost three MP5 mags for 2 years!  I smiled when I found them because I had to buy more to replace them when they were cheaper.  I am still staying in Michigan!  Home of my Wolverines,  no matter how inept they played this year.  I have a job in Garden City and want to move closer.  Its amazing how much time you have to actually have to sleep when you dont have to commute to work.  Its also nice when the hospital is only a few minutes away.  Better for the patient too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
[b][yellow][size=6]GO[/yellow][/size=6] [b][size=6][blue]BLUE[/b][/blue][/size=6][/b] BABY!
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
YA baby! I made a promise to myself to be within driving distance of MICHIGAN stadium where-ever I lived.  Its was the greatest 7 years(lol) of my life.  I wish I had made more of it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top