Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2001 2:01:19 PM EDT
I was at Dave & Busters, a bar and entertainment center, in San Antonio yesterday and I saw a new war video game. When I went to look at it I saw that you put your head in a helmet type contraption and put your hands on two handles with triggers on either side of the helmet. The helmet has a video screen inside it so it is kinda like VR I guess. Anyways, when you put money in the game the helmet is a turret and you are shooting people landing on the beach like at D-Day. This was kida like the person playing the game was a nazi shooting the Americans on Omaha beach. Anyone esls see this game?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:14:26 PM EDT
I have a similar computer game called Beachhead. The people getting blown away have a very American look to them even though no countries are actually mentioned or represented. Whats up with that?
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 2:23:44 PM EDT
What, like only Germans and Russians can have their virtual likenesses killed on video games? Maybe it was designed by a German. Maybe its all a big Marxist plot. But who gives a shit...it's only a game. Michael
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:22:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 3:28:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:17:30 PM EDT
Just pretend you're shooting the PLA troops as they land on Taiwan. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 6:22:19 PM EDT
sounds like a conspiracy, dont play that game again.
Link Posted: 12/2/2001 7:03:28 PM EDT
Does this means I should not get Return to Wolfstien?
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 4:17:00 PM EDT
Nah, In Wolfenstein, you're shooting Nazis. Lots, and lots of Nazis.
Link Posted: 12/3/2001 8:30:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shotar: I love sub sims, I actually refused to buy Silent Hunter II for exactly this reason, I could not bring myself to shoot at allied shipping. Xenophobic, perhaps but I just could not bring myself to be virtual evil.
View Quote
I hear ya,....Hell, in Operation Flashpoint, I make my own missions, and go into the ".sqm" files and make the Russian troops friendly to the Americans. Then in my missions I can create a "coalition" to fight against the terrorist (Resistance troops) forces......I mean, the Russians are more or less our Allies now, so I reflect that in my missions....LOL
Link Posted: 12/4/2001 2:47:58 PM EDT
ahh, the good old days of the C64 or did they make a new version?
Originally Posted By tc6969: I have a similar computer game called Beachhead. The people getting blown away have a very American look to them even though no countries are actually mentioned or represented. Whats up with that?
View Quote
Top Top